KSP 1.2.9 and 1.3: Localization Update Stationary Train Consist

Whirligig Girl

So, I've searched this thread for the answer to this, but haven't found a conclusive answer to my question. In the pre-release tomorrow (March 16), which I believe is for 1.2.9, what exactly is included? I'm interested in three things:

• Bug fixes (ex: Terrain/Runway Seams)
  • Features (ex: Asteroid Day into Stock)
  • Localization (Which I already know is included)

Also, I've received some conflicting vibes about this one, but is this the 1.2.9 pre-release or the 1.3 pre-release?

8 minutes ago, CoreI said:

So, I've searched this thread for the answer to this, but haven't found a conclusive answer to my question. In the pre-release tomorrow (March 16), which I believe is for 1.2.9, what exactly is included? I'm interested in three things:

• Bug fixes (ex: Terrain/Runway Seams)
  • Features (ex: Asteroid Day into Stock)
  • Localization (Which I already know is included)

Also, I've received some conflicting vibes about this one, but is this the 1.2.9 pre-release or the 1.3 pre-release?

Here's a thread that has attempted to collect all the solid evidence. And the word from one of the (junior, I think) devs was that "1.2.9" would be the version of the pre-release, while "1.3" would be the full release of that pre-release. Personally I think that's confusing and hope they drop that idea in favor of "1.3 pre-release" and "1.3". (Maybe "1.2.9" was a sort of internal code-name that the team was using?)

5 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

Here's a thread that has attempted to collect all the solid evidence. And the word from one of the (junior, I think) devs was that "1.2.9" would be the version of the pre-release, while "1.3" would be the full release of that pre-release. Personally I think that's confusing and hope they drop that idea in favor of "1.3 pre-release" and "1.3". (Maybe "1.2.9" was a sort of internal code-name that the team was using?)

That was me and there aren't any 'ranks' amongst the devs. Just devs.

I'll state it again. The pre-release will be 1.2.9 and full release will be 1.3

3 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

That was me and there aren't any 'ranks' amongst the devs. Just devs.

My apologies, I didn't mean to imply rank, just tenure. Specifically, I recalled "1.2.9" being mentioned by a staff member that I didn't recognize, and you stepping in a few replies later with more information.

3 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

I'll state it again. The pre-release will be 1.2.9 and full release will be 1.3

Thanks for clarifying, and I'm looking forward to seeing it!

7 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

My apologies, I didn't mean to imply rank, just tenure. Specifically, I recalled "1.2.9" being mentioned by a staff member that I didn't recognize, and you stepping in a few replies later with more information.

Thanks for clarifying, and I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Ah ok. That was @Art3misa our PR Manager who was introduced in this KSP Weekly:

in fact all our team changes are announced in the KSP Weekly.

I see the hype train has reached it's peak speed of 0 posts per hour. Come on guys we need more than 1 lump of hype coal in the boiler!

In all seriousness I think this is a reasonable update. Localization looks like it took a while, but I'm sure it will be worth it for non English speakers. Besides, 1.2 has been one of if not the best version of the game ever, it's not like we desperately need a massive update.

Any ideas when the prerelease will be out today?

-Rocket

Edited by RocketPilot573

Well, I'm not as hyped for this as much as previous releases, but I'm still very much looking forward to it.

Although it won't affect me directly, localisation is a very big step and although there are only 4 new languages so far they had to start somewhere, and I guess the framework is there now for more fairly soon.

1 hour ago, RocketPilot573 said:

Any ideas when the prerelease will be out today?

If I had to take a guess, I would say sometime around when devnotes come out on Friday (in terms of time of day. I know that the pre-release is today). I also wouldn't be surprised to see an announcement/early devnotes accompany the pre-release.

Edited by CoreI
Clarified

Ahhh!! Stupid me even of it isn't in the store squad is based in mexico. And i am a day forward in the time zone. And today here is the 17/03/2017 and i guess in mexico it is the 16th. So it will be realesed today!

Edited by Jeb-head-mug kerman

Well, I'm all ready for the update. Copied my current folder off to a secure location, then told Steam to uninstall KSP. All set to keep playing 1.2.2 until the next version and all my mods get squared away. I figure it will take at least a month, maybe two.

Well, unless something is going to change between the pre-release and the real release, the big new feature is: ambient light adjustment. They almost literally released it with tint control. (I really wish I could find a copy of that Bloom County strip.)

It's out.

And it does not want to start...

EDIT: It was just a problem on my end. So here's the font of the title screen changed:

54RJFXV.png
ixPU5Ow.png

Spoiler

76DE5Jt.png

The resource window... Is it a bug?

49Pvbm8.png

Well.. Okay, I should have reminded that this version is unfinished prerelease. Waiting for fix...

Edited by Reusables

Hyped up to play after a long break(Two or three months) and can't wait for the 1.875 meter parts, which also means that there are likely heralding  3meter parts, which would be awesome, as well as 4.15 meter parts, and the list goes on and on. For each new tier of part diameter means longer career and science modes. 

Edited by Alpha 360
"Kouston, we have several problems, but that doesn't matter so we want to continue on with the mission."