KSP 1.2.9 and 1.3: Localization Update Stationary Train Consist

Whirligig Girl

27 minutes ago, whitejj01 said:

*flies hype train straight into the sun*

You can't fly the Hype Train into the Sun. The Hype Train runs on rails, and who in their right mind would put rails near the sun?

Edited by GregroxMun

3 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Read the KSP Weekly's.

Two I know have been mentioned are Runways and terrain Seams. Just to name two.

Bug fixes are nice but they are not hype-able features, and there is nothing else in the devnotes we've been literally screaming to squad about the lack of content for weeks so don't go acting like we haven't been reading :/ 

24 minutes ago, GregroxMun said:

You can't fly the Hype Train into the Sun. The Hype Train runs on rails, and who in their right mind would put rails near the sun?

This is the Kerbal community.  Someone is making a track that orbits the sun as we speak.

11 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Read the KSP Weekly's.

Two I know have been mentioned are Runways and terrain Seams.

I do...weekly

It's hard to get excited about bug fixes. Especially ones I never personally noticed in a game as stable as ksp.

Edited by Spartwo

I'm a bit confused... I (obviously?) missed something here...

[This is more a message for Squad than anything]: Why do I have to learn here (a fan-made topic) that 1.2.9 / 1.3 is coming? :/

2 minutes ago, dueb said:

[This is more a message for Squad than anything]: Why do I have to learn here (a fan-made topic) that 1.2.9 / 1.3 is coming? :/

Because you didn't read the official post first?

8 hours ago, passinglurker said:

Bug fixes are nice but they are not hype-able features

They are!

31 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

It's hard to get excited about bug fixes.

No-no-no! It isn't!

P.S.

10 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

We are told that it will be possible for users to make our own language packs.

Including textures? For example, "KSP" letters.

12 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

Something big, apparently. Who knows what.

• inb4 it's just "the t1 runway is flat now." :P 

Wasn't that the contest that they launched yesterday? With physical prizes for up to 14 people, it's a pretty big contest that will probably have taken some up-front organization effort...

Seems more likely to me anyway than a secret feature that would be the second biggest thing in the whole patch, yet has not been mentioned in a single word even though we already have a prerelease date less than two weeks from now.

14 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

Both sides of the strut can be moved now

At last I have seen something which raises some joy for the new update. It`s not much but it`s something. Along with the runway that`s now two things which should just have already been folded into a previous update which I can look forward to.

EDIT : Does anyone know if this means both ends of the strut will obey the snap rules and will be able to be placed, for example, exactly at 30 degree intervals?

13 hours ago, GregroxMun said:

it's hard to get so hyped for something that has not been announced. At least, not after something of a disappointing announcement.

And this said by the driver of the hype train.

That says a lot...

Really @SQUAD have a good think about some things a lot of people are saying.

Edited by John FX

1 hour ago, klgraham1013 said:

Read the official post and there are no mentions of version numbers.

Version numbering info comes from other dev posts and through private messaging with UomoCapra for clarification. 1.2.9 will be the pre-release version of 1.3. It's confusing as hell tbh.

2 hours ago, dueb said:

In the announcement thread: "The Localization Pack pre-release will come out on March 16th, and as always, you will be able to provide us with your invaluable feedback via our bugtracker."

2 hours ago, Streetwind said:

Wasn't that the contest that they launched yesterday? With physical prizes for up to 14 people, it's a pretty big contest that will probably have taken some up-front organization effort...

Seems more likely to me anyway than a secret feature that would be the second biggest thing in the whole patch, yet has not been mentioned in a single word even though we already have a prerelease date less than two weeks from now.

From several official sources apparently next week there will be something exciting. Let's hope it actually is.

Yes, I know, I saw your post @JPLRepo. Thank you.

I was just saying that I didn't expected to learn in an unofficial topic that the next major version release was part of this -I quote the announcement topic- "The Localization Pack pre-release".

I didn't thought it was going to be part of a next major milestone: just a "Localization Pack pre-release" (like an 1.2.3 version if you will)...

But don't get me wrong: it is! It absolutely is! It's a big feature that -I know- required a huge amount of work!

So, maybe the choice of words was not the best here? I don't know...

But after all, if we put back together everything into context here: yesterday announcement was not a KSP Weekly! (And your post was sort of a hint!)

So, maybe the hype about the announcement made me guess something wrong and see that as a KSP Weekly-type announcement? :D

(Sorry for my poor English. Welcome Localization update! :P)

In all honesty, as long as they are doing language work, I'd be thrilled to see them add some flavor text to more of the scans/crew reports/etc. 

There are a lot of them that are still the same thing you read when you take a crew report/scan/etc. in multiple other areas. 

2 hours ago, AntherJebediah said:

When is the fix for terrain cracks coming? Can't drive anywhere without it exploding over terrain that doesn't hang together

It's in this update.  I can finally start driving rovers again since the great wheel tragedy of 1.1.

Late to board the train this time, I hope there's still room in first class as I don't want to sit in steerage.

I will always be hyped about a new release, even if some of the things coming don't benefit me personally (e.g. localization and terrain seams this go round). Why? Because it shows that Squad is still committed to further development of the game, and that is something that benefits all players.

@GregroxMun you need to get the darn boiler pressure up! There's no sparks coming off the wheels, the smoke-plume isn't crackling with lightning properly, and I swear I saw a photon overtake us a few miles back!

I AM hyped about the BIG SECRET, and now I'm racking my brains - have Squad ever kept secrets before? What did they turn out to be? I'm certainly too lazy to really research this, but I've been around a little while and I can't think of a single thing. So, on the basis of that and an itch in my *CENSORED* I'm feeling hoping trying to believe this is something amazing. Who knows, maybe localisation has just been a big smokescreen.

And speaking of smoke... get on it, driver!

Edit: I thought of Easter Eggs, but that's a lame example. Choo-choo!

Edited by The_Rocketeer