[1.2.2] Kargantua System [v0.2a] - the first PROPER black hole system in KSP

Artyomka15

Speaking of falling into the black hole without being torn apart, or just an idea for the wormhole, Astronomer's Visual Pack: Interstellar v2 has an optional feature which adds a solid "cloud layer" of wormhole over the sun, and makes this wormhole layer move super fast to give the illusion of traveling quickly through it. It can be seen in action here.

Perhaps, if the developer hasn't found a better or more complex method, this can be implemented into the mod over the black hole and future wormhole?

Sorry for the long absence, I was busy on my other project.

The new update will be released in 3-4 days.

It will include:

-Completely redone corona & accretion disk.

-Lightnings on Limmer, snow on Namm and dust storms on Admun and all the planets will have aurora (thank to @Artem Kerman for helping with it)

-Some new moons and an asteroid orbiting EXTREMELY close to the central black hole (the best place to take screenshots :D )

-And much more!

w7d7Ucx.jpg

Edited by Artyomka15

There's anything you could make so time gets messed up when close to Kargantua? (Stuff like every second in close orbit asteroid is an hour in the mission time) But to don't interrupt other missions, this thing could be made to turn on or off.

Just an idea:wink:

By the way, how did you get the disc to have clouds? I've been looking for a gas debris ring for ages... 

Edited by Nailed it!

47 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

KerbalItalia saw the mod and did a review (I don't speak Italian so I can't tell anything that was said!)

Those volumetrics are looking awesome. Will that be coming to the Instantiator mod?

Think the volumetric disc is just an E.V.E. effect :(

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

KerbalItalia saw the mod and did a review (I don't speak Italian so I can't tell anything that was said!)

Those volumetrics are looking awesome. Will that be coming to the Instantiator mod?

It's actially too complicated to be configurable. But I think I can make some kind of preset for the volumetric disks. I need to think on that.

@themaster401 Aaand no, that's not EVE. That's another small custom plugin

Edited by Artyomka15

That's weird... the planets in this pack aren't loading.

And this is what happens at the end of every log (Admun, Limmer, and Namm)

[LOG 16:45:09]: Exception Was Recorded: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.MapSOParser_RGB`1[CBAttributeMapSO].SetFromString (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String modName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String modName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.CreateObjectFromConfigNode (System.Type type, .ConfigNode node, System.String modName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectMemberFromConfigurationNode (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String modName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.LoadObjectFromConfigurationNode (System.Object o, .ConfigNode node, System.String modName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Can anyone make sense of this?

15 hours ago, EricL said:

That's weird... the planets in this pack aren't loading.

And this is what happens at the end of every log (Admun, Limmer, and Namm)

[LOG 16:45:09]: Exception Was Recorded: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.MapSOParser_RGB`1[CBAttributeMapSO].SetFromString (System.String s) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Parser.CreateObjectFromConfigNode (System.Type type, .ConfigNode node, System.String modName, Boolean getChilds) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Kopernicus.Configuration.Loader.Kopernicus.IParserEventSubscriber.PostApply (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Can anyone make sense of this?

Do you have any non-english characters in the game folder path?

-----------------------

The new version is out!

pfmB2Mc.png

Edited by Artyomka15

8 hours ago, Artyomka15 said:

Do you have any non-english characters in the game folder path?

My folder path is KSP_win64/ GameData/ KargantuaMod_0.2

Edited by EricL

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.