[1.2.2] Kargantua System [v0.2a] - the first PROPER black hole system in KSP

Artyomka15

2 hours ago, Nailed it! said:

Incredible black hole mod man! But I have two questions:

How did you find a good map with a giant volcano?

And could you add a wormhole so you can make Jool mission rockets instead of cheating or warping there?

But cool mod! I would like to see it develop and grow into a nice sized Solar System.

The whole point of having a planet pack this far from Kerbin is to give a use for warp drives or KSP Interstellar engines. Also I doubt the dev has plans for a wormhole.  Never mind! :sealed:

Edited by wadusher1

2 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

@Artyomka15 Will you move Kargantua farther from the Sun in the next release?

Yeah, I'm actually planning to move the system as far so it will be impossible to get to it using the stock engines. 

@wadusher1 And I'm actually do planning to add a wormhole. It will probably be the only way you can reach the system. The plugin for now is 20-30% done, so the wormhole probably will be in the next update

2 hours ago, Nailed it! said:

How did you find a good map with a giant volcano?

Just typed in Google "volcano heightmap" ¯\_(シ)_/¯

Edited by Artyomka15

9 minutes ago, Artyomka15 said:

Yeah, I'm actually planning to move the system as far so it will be impossible to get to it using the stock engines. 

@wadusher1 And I'm actually do planning to add a wormhole. It will probably be the only way you can reach the system. The plugin for now is 20-30% done, so the wormhole probably will be in the next update

Oh perfect. I'll probably still make an attempt to go there via USI Warp Drives and skip the wormhole just for fun, if only in the late game, but I'm glad it'll be there. :)

Edited by wadusher1

1 hour ago, MysterySloth said:

Is it possible to remove Scatterer from the download?

Should be, given that it's only visual enhancements. The mod will probably work fine without it, but there's no guarantee the black hole will look presentable.

I think I got a bug.

http://imgur.com/a/CJsz9

A simple 1k dV boost to get into a Kerbol orbit, ended up launching me into interstellar travel. 

That was the mission, but I feel like it isn't meant to be that way. 

P.S 

I have

KSPRC (And all it's mods)

MechJeb

Kerbal Engineer

Tweak Scale  

RCS build aid

Warp Drive Mod

Trajectories 

Better Time Warp

Kerbal Alarm Clock

and a .cfg edited for OP RTGs (Produce a tad bit more electricity, and changed names) 

Edited by Rainbowd4sh

utQxmR7.png

KN7tdwj.png

8ylr5jz.png

7 hours ago, Rainbowd4sh said:

I think I got a bug.

http://imgur.com/a/CJsz9

A simple 1k dV boost to get into a Kerbol orbit, ended up launching me into interstellar travel. 

That was the mission, but I feel like it isn't meant to be that way. 

P.S 

I have

KSPRC (And all it's mods)

MechJeb

Kerbal Engineer

Tweak Scale  

RCS build aid

Warp Drive Mod

Trajectories 

Better Time Warp

Kerbal Alarm Clock

and a .cfg edited for OP RTGs (Produce a tad bit more electricity, and changed names) 

It's probably because the BH has a HUGE SOI. As I said before, I'll move it further away from Kerbol in the next release.

But if you want to do it by yourself, you can just edit the Kargantua.cfg file by changing the semiMajorAxis value

Edited by Artyomka15

I'm definitely installing this once the wormhole comes out. Was planning to visit another star system in my novel 'Kontakt', but now I can just use this, instead of installing TBG or some other pack that adds millions of systems. (My computer can barely handle the stock system)

8 hours ago, Artyomka15 said:

utQxmR7.png

KN7tdwj.png

8ylr5jz.png

It's probably because the BH has a HUGE SOI. As I said before, I'll move it further away from Kerbol in the next release.

But if you want to do it by yourself, you can just edit the Kargantua.cfg file by changing the semiMajorAxis value

I'll save you the counting, it's 100 nonillion, and still have that issue. 

When I set it at 100000000000000000000000000000000573560320000
(Which I won't even try to define) it pretty much broke the game. 

Hopefully you can fix the issue, as orbital mechanics beyond KSI are impossible atm.

UPDATE: 

Setting it at such an insane height does work, but attempting to view it in the tracking station causes KSP to break itself, and I can't physically travel to it ingame at all 

Edited by Rainbowd4sh

So, first time on kerbal forum, whoo

I really want to thank you Artyomka15 for this mod. I love Interstellar and have been dying for someone to make a Kopernicus mod for it. And the scatter and planets look amazing!

I want to ask, is it possible to increase gravity and spin of Admun? It seems a little unrealistic that this may be the planet kerbals/humans will live on (referring to Interstellar Edmund's planet).

Again, thank you for this mod. Did I mention how gnarly Kargantua looks? You are a god m8.

On 16.03.2017 at 10:22 AM, aStart said:

So, first time on kerbal forum, whoo

I really want to thank you Artyomka15 for this mod. I love Interstellar and have been dying for someone to make a Kopernicus mod for it. And the scatter and planets look amazing!

I want to ask, is it possible to increase gravity and spin of Admun? It seems a little unrealistic that this may be the planet kerbals/humans will live on (referring to Interstellar Edmund's planet).

Again, thank you for this mod. Did I mention how gnarly Kargantua looks? You are a god m8.

Thanks, I reeeeally appreciate that someone liked my work :) 

Edited by Artyomka15

6 hours ago, Gadac said:

Hi, is it compatible with stock visual enhancement ?

Thanks !

If Stock Visual Enhancements uses/is compatible with Environmental Visual Enhancements - which this mod is bundled with - then it should be.

On 14/03/2017 at 2:39 PM, Artyomka15 said:

It should be fully compatible with any other planet packs, but I'm not sure if its compatible with the packs that replaces the stock Kerbol system, they might have planets that orbits at high distance and might intersect the orbit of Kargantua, so it might cause a lot of glitches.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working on a visual overhaul

ualhh68.png

DTJfd8I.png

dSWXVIA.png

Also, completely redesigned Admun's atmosphere/clouds (inspired by the Alien planet from Space Engineers)

09qHxiZ.png

yS4qcai.png

q222JQt.png

If it isn't too much to ask, could I ask how you change the colours of atmospheres in Scatterer? For me, the skies and atmospheric rims are always blue whereas I'd like them to be different colours (for example yellow)

Thanks

On 3/14/2017 at 7:39 AM, Artyomka15 said:

It should be fully compatible with any other planet packs, but I'm not sure if its compatible with the packs that replaces the stock Kerbol system, they might have planets that orbits at high distance and might intersect the orbit of Kargantua, so it might cause a lot of glitches.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working on a visual overhaul

ualhh68.png

DTJfd8I.png

dSWXVIA.png

Also, completely redesigned Admun's atmosphere/clouds (inspired by the Alien planet from Space Engineers)

09qHxiZ.png

yS4qcai.png

q222JQt.png

Holy Hell :o

Edited by daniel l.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.