Kraken hit my design

Numerlor

Also Why is it so strong, I have never had this issue with worse designs and on this I just replaced 6 way symmetry with 3 2 ways with heatshields clipping a bit into each other 

Spoiler

Yeah I use cheats in video beacuse it would just blow up without them

I clip inside the most gargantuan rockets without any problem. Last week I built a communciations satellite with a RTG clipped inside a girder segment (the horror!) and the whole thing glitched itself into this wildly bouncing ball of parts sticking in random directions. It was pretty freaky. It didn't come apart, but I now had a good reason for a mission to replace the glitched one (which I terminated, retrieving it with the claw seemed asking for trouble)

On 3/3/2017 at 2:00 PM, Numerlor said:

Also Why is it so strong, I have never had this issue with worse designs and on this I just replaced 6 way symmetry with 3 2 ways with heatshields clipping a bit into each other 

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah I use cheats in video beacuse it would just blow up without them

Oh, I think I actually recognize that one. You have traditional struts and autostruts forming on the-same/adjacent parts. When you do that final staging, the autostruts reorganized themselves according to whatever mode you had them set to, which created this arrangement suddenly. I've been getting around this by sticking to using traditional struts or autostruts but avoiding both on nearby parts. Thanks for the video, it was very clear.

If this wasn't the case for your craft feel free to send me its craft file and I'll take a closer look.

Cool looking craft by the way! Heading to Eve?

Edited by Cunjo Carl

6 hours ago, Cunjo Carl said:

Oh, I think I actually recognize that one. You have traditional struts and autostruts forming on the-same/adjacent parts. When you do that final staging, the autostruts reorganized themselves according to whatever mode you had them set to, which created this arrangement suddenly. I've been getting around this by sticking to using traditional struts or autostruts but avoiding both on nearby parts. Thanks for the video, it was very clear.

If this wasn't the case for your craft feel free to send me its craft file and I'll take a closer look.

Cool looking craft by the way! Heading to Eve?

I'll try to recreate it in few hours and that was supposed to be for Jool 5 but didn't quite do anything with Jool, after this I realised I pretty suck and I've been using overpowered mods (and it turns out I can design small spaceplanes better than rockets)
I don't remember changing autostruts but I remember reoving outside SAS from middle module that was surrounded by 6 tanks, maybe that caused it

When I have problems with the Kraken it come down to Kerbin and topples my rocket even tough they're perfectly balanced.

^
Praise the lord Kraken!   /O\
                         / | | \

| | | |

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.