Shielded Docking Ports no longer working

Hello fellow KSP'ers,

I've got a save game I've been playing for a long time now, and I've come across a bug that started after I had an unexpected crash to desktop. All of my shielded docking ports no longer allow me to dock, whether on a vessel in flight or when building them from scratch. The animation works fine, but there's no magnetic attraction and it won't dock. 

I remember seeing this a long time ago on the forums, and there was a thread that recommended modifying the gamesave persistent.sfs file. If anyone remembers this and can point me to the old thread, or can let me know how to re-enable my shielded docking ports, I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Hi @Seaview123, this is happening between two new vessels?

If it's only with shielded docking ports that were already launched, even then trying to dock with a new port, it could be the file, and if you upload it somewhere we can take a look.

If it's between any craft including new ones that suggests the install is damaged, if you have KSP on Steam I suggest you verify the cache and see if it helps.

You might try the KML tool in the first post on this thread:

I know this is the opposite of the problem you are having, but I think the tool can fix your issue, too.

Edited by bewing

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the help, folks. I found that there's a mod I'm running which affects the rotational angle which the docking ports contact. By spinning my craft I was able to get the ports to mate. In the VAB, there are now settings for what angles the ports would mate at, and for new vessels I now have to remember to set the ports to 360 degrees. I'm not sure which mod I'd installed is making this effect, but it's interesting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.