What sort of music do you guys listen to while playing KSP?

WindShieIds

I don't listen to music while playing KSP. Weird? Perhaps. Back when I was still able to stream it was "weird" to me to have CC/RF and whatnot music on in the background. This city is too loud and I don't get enough quiet in my life, so a couple hours in the dead quiet of space is pretty good. Therapeutic you might say. Not as mind-clearing as flying down twisty country roads in WV at the limits of whatever car I'm driving with the windows down on a cool early-autumn day, but still good.

I also don't normally listen to any music while playing, but lately I've been making planets more than actually playing the game and I give each planet a "theme song".  By associating each planet with a different song, I find it helps me give them all a different mood and feel.

I have an extensive music collection on my Spotify, and I have several playlists for occaisions. Generally, when flying or driving around in KSP, I play either my Kick playlist (which is a collection of loud rock music, primarily) or my Moonshinin' playlist (which is several fast-paced, high-energy songs that predominantly feature banjos).

Whatever the Twitch stream I have open is playing :-P

When I do decide to pick my own music, it can be just about anything from my collection, which is diverse. Anything from Basshunter to Dizzee Rascal to Vivaldi to Bon Jovi to Led Zeppelin to E Nomine to Final Fantasy OSTs to UB40. I do though tend to pick a specific album for a playing session, rather than just going for shuffle everything.

• 3 months later...

It all depends on my mood. Sometimes I will put on Gustav Holst, Beethoven, or even some Jean Sibileus. Once in a while, I will even put on some John Williams, too. But that's when I'm in the mood for classical and instrumental.

Then there are other times I put in Pink Floyd, ACDC, Aerosmith, Triumph, Duran Duran, and Information Society...

As I said, it all depends on the mood... :D

1 hour ago, razark said:

For something completely different, John Philip Sousa:

I have an entire playlist of his music blasting in the background. Literally finished Liberty Bell just now. And I am currently playing KSP right now, how convenient.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.