[WIP] [1.2.2] Career Evolution Contract Pack - BETA Release v0.3 Updated 3-27-2017

pap1723

3 minutes ago, metalpoetza said:

I probably could, but I'm still experimenting a bit with the fix - looks like it needs a bit more tweaking to work for everything - GROUP_ALL worked for first crew but not for the next ones. Once I have it working properly I will do a P.R.

Please let me know when you've done that so I can pull it down for myself.

Thanks

Edited by linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, metalpoetza said:

I probably could, but I'm still experimenting a bit with the fix - looks like it needs a bit more tweaking to work for everything - GROUP_ALL worked for first crew but not for the next ones. Once I have it working properly I will do a P.R.

Thanks for working on this @metalpoetza! This is going to make things so much better!

I am also going to be changing some of the progression elements with feedback from @tater. Reentry will be broken out into Suborbital Reentry and then Orbital Reentry. Also the first Space Station contract will be available after the First Docking contract is completed. Any others I missed @tater?

I'm playing through it again right now in a rescale---which makes it much more interesting, since I have to make realistic sized rockets to get things done, and I find myself even trimming payload mass.

I tend to think that all the flyby contracts at the very least should be around as soon as you reach even the most basic space milestones. You won't have the ability to do them without more parts anyway (particularly radio parts), still, what if you want to try a Grand Tour flyby? Seems like those should allow for the player to do them at once if they like. Orbiters, etc would clearly be 1-off spacecraft.

I wonder if it would be possible to have a contract that requires science transmitted AFTER a player has successfully recovered the main craft? Ie: You land on the surface, perhaps with a rover, or a simple science experiment with a solar panel, antenna, and probe core. The crew returns to Kerbin, then after returning, you transmit science (even zero science). This would represent leaving instruments on the surface. This could also be accomplished via a 2-stage lander (with science parts, etc on the descent stage).

Edited by tater

I haven't installed this yet, though I'm planning to give it a run tonight.

Is there interest in an X-plane styled contract track?  Like, raw speed records, altitude records, time to climb, suborbital and return to runway, break Mach 4, hit 1740m/s on jets, circumnavigate Kerbin in a single flight, etc.

Heh, well I was working on it mostly because it was ruining my playthrough :P  so I'll be starting over now that it's fixed because I am in the final tier of CTT... and only NOW do I do manned missions again ? I'd end up with no use for the science from most of them.

But I believe I have correct values for the missing ones now - I was able to do a test playthrough up to the end of the year-in-space mission. So I'm preparing a P.R. - and in case anybody was wondering, the KerbalAcademy pack works great with this.

NEW UPDATED RELEASE:

https://github.com/pap1723/IntelligentProgression/releases/tag/0.4

• Fixed a major issue where the Space Station contracts were not actually finding the space station and therefore was not moving on - BIG THANKS to @metalpoetza for his work on this!
  • Added a new contract Suborbital Return that is available after you first cross the Karman Line
  • Changed the prerequisite of Orbit & Return to require the First Satellite contract as well as the Suborbital Return contract
  • Thanks to @linuxgurugamer and @tater for their continued reports and ideas as well!

I've been playing a new career with this, and somehow I never saw the first station contract.The only one I see is First Crew on your space station." I cannot actually accept that mission, because the last requirement, to have completed the FirstSpaceStation contract is Unmet---because I never was offered it. What does the first station entail? Could the issue could be that if I launch ANYTHING with the right number of crew slots, it counts as a station? Alternately, could it be because I launched a part that counts as a station part as part of another mission? I use SSTU, and while in this rescale I did not mess with a LS mod, I am acting like I need LS. So my munar and minmus crew flyby missions included a small hab (like a Soyuz orbital module, except slightly larger) since the capsule was a Gemini (not someplace you want to spend 2+ weeks).Is there a way to require that a specific craft is used to meet requirements, or that in order for them to count, the mission must be accepted? As is, this station thing is woking like a milestone.

I'd add that some space programs would have met such a "contract" before ever going to the moon (CCCP, and now China), so that requiring a Mun journey first makes little sense. Had the first station contract been available from career start, I could have just checked it. As it is, this career is now a dead end station wise (which is fine, that's what testing is for, right?).

So is there a FirstSpaceStation contract at all?

Edited by tater

Cool, I wanted to start from scratch and make sure I was testing it well. 

My other points about when you get stations remain, however, some people (and some real space programs) are on a station, then BLEO track.

2 minutes ago, tater said:

Cool, I wanted to start from scratch and make sure I was testing it well. 

My other points about when you get stations remain, however, some people (and some real space programs) are on a station, then BLEO track.

Ah, that is why I changed the First Station. It is now available immediately after the first Docking mission is completed.

I got the first station contract, and it worked. I then launched a (new) vessel with 2 crew, and docked. The send crew mission did not satisfy, as it said I didn't have a new vehicle. Which I did.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have anything substantive to add, but just wanted to say that I am really looking forward to this contract pack.  What you have planned is more varied than the stock contracts, more comprehensive than SETI unmanned before manned contracts, and just around better than any other contract pack I've seen.  Thank you for taking the time to do this, it looks like it'll be pretty much the best pack out there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently started playing a career game using this mod and I have a problem with a contract to return science from the Mun to Kerbin.

Here are a couple of screenshots to help explain the issue.

In the first one taken while my vehicle is on the surface, I have a green tick against "Situation Landed". However when I lift off to return the science to Kerbin (the second image) the green tick is removed.

My question is does the "Situation Landed" tick box get ticked against once I am landed back on Kerbin... feeling like this is a stupid question, but I thought I'd check before heading back to Kerbin.

qtcCyrm.png

44eyjbu.png

I have an update... I decided to return the sample vehicle to Kerbin and the result was that the contract was not completed.

I'm now at a loss as to what is required to satisfy this contract, so any help would be appreciated.

jmuVzNj.png

Edited by purpleivan

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.