Resetting focus to active vessel in map view

I've always used backspace for this but for some reason it's not working anymore, and dumb me can't find the option in the key bindings menu to set it up again. Could you please point me in the right direction?

Also, any idea what mod could have caused this? I know Editor Extensions sometimes messes up with my editor key bindings, namely x and c for symmetry and angle snap sometimes stop working and I have to go into the options and set them up again.

Well I don't have a US keyboard, so god knows where my ~ key is. I've combed through the Control section of the Settings once again and am absolutely sure this binding isn't there. Yet, it must be set somewhere in the config. Any help to find the relevant part of the config would be really appreciated.

1 hour ago, A_name said:

Well I don't have a US keyboard, so god knows where my ~ key is. I've combed through the Control section of the Settings once again and am absolutely sure this binding isn't there. Yet, it must be set somewhere in the config. Any help to find the relevant part of the config would be really appreciated.

Try the Back Quote key above the Tab key. 

It looks like this, `

Also, feel free to check out http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Key_bindings as there may be some more key bindings that you may not have known. Its quite useful.

1 hour ago, A_name said:

Looks like it's here... yeah not the most obvious name for it:

CAMERA_RESET
{
    primary = Backspace
    secondary = None
    group = 0
    modeMask = -1
    modeMaskSec = -1
}

17 minutes ago, Poodmund said:

Try the Back Quote key above the Tab key. 

It looks like this, `

Um, when he says "I don't have a US keyboard" it means the keys have different symbols in different positions.

I was wondering this myself, backspace stopped working. I assumed the feature got removed, only now do I find out it's been remapped to ` backquote.

Seems like an odd change. ` is a really obscure key. (EDIT: On a UK keyboard at least, where it's shared with ¬ and |, and ~ is a different key. Oh and just for fun | isn't always |) Maybe people were hitting backspace in flight view by mistake and setting off their abort sequences. But then we still have shift+tab for going backwards in map view and shift throttling up when the navball is showing, and that's a worse control screw than anything.

Edited by cantab

36 minutes ago, cantab said:

Seems like an odd change. ` is a really obscure key. (EDIT: On a UK keyboard at least, where it's shared with ¬ and |, and ~ is a different key. Oh and just for fun | isn't always |) Maybe people were hitting backspace in flight view by mistake and setting off their abort sequences.

Yes that was exactly why... I remember reading it here before but don't know what thread.  It was because of the conflict with Abort, and they just picked that because they were running out of free keys.

On US keyboards ` is usually called the ~ key even though it needs Shift, but yes the ~ placement is definitely not universal.

36 minutes ago, cantab said:

But then we still have shift+tab for going backwards in map view and shift throttling up when the navball is showing, and that's a worse control screw than anything.

Heh this one is extra-evil on Steam because Shift+Tab is the Steam overlay activation.  So you hit Shift, the throttle goes, then you hit Tab, the overlay pops up, and now you're scrambling to get it off there while your ship does who knows what.  Thankfully the overlay can be shut off in Steam, but it's on by default.

Speaking of extra-evil, twice I hit Ctrl+Z to Undo and it reset my entire post and I couldn't get it back.  Never had that before... I think it was a connection issue though.

• 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.