No 58.5 Thrust limiter on Juno?

Well after trying for ages I got it (set everything mouse speed related to minimum) and @sal_vager I don't know why but It worked while looking from top but I can't do it from side view
and @cratercracker I didn't want to put it into technical support or anything like that because I almost certainly knew it is me (almost no chance there would be bug like that) so I rather put it here and got good answer right away

Well I kinda didn't notice Gameplay Questions and tutorials forum :D

and @sal_vager No idea if you can answer but why is "electricity bolt" or how is that named so weird on battery pack, different direction, sides and almost everything (Didn't feel like starting thread about this)

aeb0725517a6628c6507fa141532c1ac.png   3abfe896d3dd358a1242abbf6c382469.png

Edited by Numerlor

31 minutes ago, Numerlor said:

why is "electricity bolt" or how is that named so weird on battery pack, different direction, sides and almost everything

Not sure exactly what you're asking about the "named so weird" or "different direction".  Are you just asking "why are there these electricity-bolt symbols on the batteries"?

If that's the question, then I'd assume it's "because this thing has electricity in it", and they're basically trying to mimic the sort of "caution, you can hurt yourself" type of labels that get put on industrial equipment.  (Take a close look at the airbrakes, for example, they've got a good one on there.)

12 minutes ago, Snark said:

Not sure exactly what you're asking about the "named so weird" or "different direction".  Are you just asking "why are there these electricity-bolt symbols on the batteries"?

What I wanted to ask is why are they different than international High Voltage hazard symbol but that wouldn't matter so much to me if they didn't use it in categories tab f276bce8e6b455e815885a57088d7895.png

So I want to know if that is design mistake or intentional

Edited by Numerlor

3 minutes ago, Numerlor said:

why are they different than international High Voltage hazard symbol

Different how?  Lightning bolt inside a triangle.  Seems pretty similar to me.

4 minutes ago, Numerlor said:

that wouldn't matter so much to me if they didn't use it in categories tab f276bce8e6b455e815885a57088d7895.png

How so?  Categories tab is about electricity, lightning bolt seems like a pretty good, compact, recognizable symbol for "electricity", so what's the problem?

19 minutes ago, Snark said:

Different how?  Lightning bolt inside a triangle.  Seems pretty similar to me.

How so?  Categories tab is about electricity, lightning bolt seems like a pretty good, compact, recognizable symbol for "electricity", so what's the problem?

But compare those two sets, pretty different aren't they? That's what I want to ask why is it different from real world bolt sign and from ingame bolt in categories (I'm not reffering to bolts as whole but certain designs Categories one is a bit different but not that much however one on battery is much different than both)

1 hour ago, Numerlor said:

aeb0725517a6628c6507fa141532c1ac.png |  3abfe896d3dd358a1242abbf6c382469.png  f276bce8e6b455e815885a57088d7895.png

Now I feel bad for not starting new thread about this because it is in completly different forum

Edited by Numerlor

31 minutes ago, Numerlor said:

But compare those two sets, pretty different aren't they?

Sure, but what's the concern?  Why shouldn't they be?

Different things in different places with different usages are different.

Graphical design is a significant UI challenge.  It's non-trivial.  Striking the balance between "looks good" and "isn't confusing" and "is noticeable without being intrusive" and so forth is hard.  Is the concern that the battery symbol's border is square instead of triangular like the IRL symbol?  Well, what of it?  It's on the rim of a disk-shaped part; to me, a square looks better than a triangle there.  Is the concern that the battery symbol has a border whereas the category label doesn't?  Well, they serve different purposes; one's a texture, one's an icon, and different design rules apply (for example, the icon has to fit in a smaller space and be more recognizable at a glance, so a border would be distracting and unnecessary; the lone lightning bolt works better.)

And it's not as though KSP is going for a hyper-realistic design motif anyway.  Nor do I think most people care.  In fact, if I imagine Squad posting a KSP Weekly that says "Hey everyone, we've been spending time re-doing the textures on the batteries to make sure that the little symbols on the rim match international high-voltage standards!" ... I rather suspect that the general reaction in the forum would not be a positive one.  More likely it would be something indignant, along the lines of "what? why are you wasting time working on that, instead of <feature I think is more important than that>?"

If the fact that it's not using the international "high voltage" symbol is such a problem, then presumably somebody has taken the trouble to make a mod to "correct" the texture, yes?  Wouldn't surprise me if there is one, but I can't be bothered to look, because I (like, I suspect, most KSP players) frankly don't care much what that symbol on the battery looks like.  And if, perchance, there isn't such a mod... that would indicate to me that so far nobody has cared enough to take the trouble to "fix" it.

Please understand that I'm not trying to tell you "you're wrong" (because that would be presumptuous of me; you have just as much a right to your opinion as I do to mine).  It's just that there are lots of competing priorities out there in the world, and one person's high priority can be another's "don't care" and still another's priority not to.

The great thing about KSP, though, is that it's so easy to mod, so that when there's something about the game that bugs you, you can actually fix it yourself to make it do what you want to.  Certainly that's the motivation behind all of my own mods!

So if it really bugs you... why not fix it yourself with a modded texture, and then publish your mod so that people who feel like you do can get the benefit?  Everybody wins.  :)

28 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

I think they are both an international standard symbol for electrical hazard.

The square symbol is usually used on vehicles, while the triangle is used for signs.

Mind if you link me to one of those more cut bolts? Only thing I found repeatedly is

Spoiler

Danger%20electrical%20hazard-01.jpg

but I can't confirm because no matter how hard I try I can't find any official symbol statements about electricity hazard/danger only about others one like this and I know that link is to chemical agency but it is same everywhere, only thing I can find on wiki is the same symbol I posted as international but as only german and before 1999

Edited by Numerlor

2 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

@Numerlor, it was a deliberate design decision to use a variety of hazard symbols as inspiration for the symbols used by Kerbals, they are not intended to be exact copies of Human warning symbols, so this is not a mistake.

That is almost thing I wanted, but now why are the two different symbols for one thing there? 

Edited by Numerlor

Just now, Numerlor said:

That is almost thing I wanted, but now why are the two different signs for one thing there? 

There are two different signs because the developers chose to use two different signs, this is not a bug or error.

There is no standard for signs in the Kerbal universe, and signs similar to Human signs but for different hazards were created by the artists.

3 hours ago, Numerlor said:

That is almost thing I wanted, but now why are the two different symbols for one thing there? 

Think this way: The symbol in the battery is the Kerbal Standard Electrical Hazard Symbol, is there to warn kerbals about the risk.   The icon In the category on other hand is there to inform the player the parts in the category will provide electricity storage or generation.

Neither needs to be equal to the real life International Standard Symbol. In fact is arguable better to not the International Standard Symbol, since the use of a hazard symbol in a different context may cause confusion. (mind you there is a lot or arguing and disagreement about international standards)

4 minutes ago, Spricigo said:

Think this way: The symbol in the battery is the Kerbal Standard Electrical Hazard Symbol, is there to warn kerbals about the risk.   The icon In the category on other hand is there to inform the player the parts in the category will provide electricity storage or generation.

Neither needs to be equal to the real life International Standard Symbol. In fact is arguable better to not the International Standard Symbol, since the use of a hazard symbol in a different context may cause confusion. (mind you there is a lot or arguing and disagreement about international standards)

Now that I would mark best answer if this thread was about it, I was mainly confused why were there two completly different designs for very similiar things

9 hours ago, Numerlor said:

why are the two different symbols for one thing there? 

10 hours ago, Snark said:

Is the concern that the battery symbol has a border whereas the category label doesn't?  Well, they serve different purposes; one's a texture, one's an icon, and different design rules apply (for example, the icon has to fit in a smaller space and be more recognizable at a glance, so a border would be distracting and unnecessary; the lone lightning bolt works better.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.