Engines won't light

Hi all,

Long time player, but I can't figure out why my engine won't light when trying to do super sonic retro propulsion in lower atmosphere of Kerbin.

Using 1.2.2 64bit, not using FAR or any other atmosphere mods...

Thanks!

Edited by pilot009

Sorry forgot to mention engines work perfectly fine in space, high altitude and at slow speed at low altitude. Setting is off for remote connection and I have crew on board. Its many engines and configurations (well many that I have tried), so not sure its related to specific parts... 

Edited by pilot009

2 hours ago, IncongruousGoat said:

What kind of engine (air-breathing or rocket)? And what do you mean by "not starting"? Is it refusing to start at all? Or is it instantly flaming out?

Also, could you provide a screenshot of your craft?

Rocket engine (supersonic retro propulsion can only be done with a rocket). Does not start at all, nothing indicated on engine menu (status normal). 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again,

Thanks for the suggestions. I've checked everything (like I said long time player) and also like I said the engines work fine in space, high altitude and at slower speeds. It's only under high aerodynamic pressure where there is no response. No flame-out, nothing, just the throttle simply does not move. 

Any more ideas would be much appreciated!

Mike

How can the throttle not move? It always moves (unless you have no commnet connectivity and you have "require signal" turned on), whether or not moving the throttle actually does anything.

If the throttle is really not moving, then that's a bug in a mod that's overriding the stock behavior -- so you need to find out which mod and report that bug to the mod author.

Edited by bewing

18 hours ago, bewing said:

How can the throttle not move? It always moves (unless you have no commnet connectivity and you have "require signal" turned on), whether or not moving the throttle actually does anything.

That was my line of thinking as well.

• 4 years later...
33 minutes ago, Marlon Kerman said:

Have the same issue I can simply not throttle up when being fast its so annoying

The throttle doesn’t move or there’s no thrust being generated from the engine?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.