6 minutes ago, SchweinAero said:

Are there any people who support not supporting this?

While I support this, I support not supporting this, because everyone is entitled to their own opinion, however wrong they may be.

• 2 months later...

Yo DEVS! And Modders. Get On This. Seriously. Now. Or Ill Have Jeb Land On Your Roof. He May Miss. You Like Your Neighbors Don't You? Actually He Is Incapable Of Hitting Anything Besides Ocean. You Like Fish Right?

Okay In All Seriousness. Please Please Please Add This Is Some Way

On 3/9/2017 at 4:19 PM, Vanamonde said:

I support this. 

On 3/9/2017 at 4:36 PM, Brent Kerman said:

I support this.

On 3/9/2017 at 4:41 PM, SolidJuho said:

I support this.

On 3/9/2017 at 4:48 PM, Ultimate Steve said:

I support this.

On 3/9/2017 at 5:46 PM, Veeltch said:

I support this.

On 3/9/2017 at 5:46 PM, MinimalMinmus said:

I support this.

too.

On 3/9/2017 at 7:02 PM, KerrMü said:

I support that.

On 3/10/2017 at 3:16 AM, CaptainTrebor said:

I support this.

On 3/10/2017 at 9:36 AM, cubinator said:

Support this, I do.

On 3/10/2017 at 3:10 AM, KSK said:

I support this.

I support this.

Please keep all posts on topic. Namely, supporting this.

I support this.

(I joke. You can weigh in to say that you don't support this, and it won't be off topic.)

Edited by Dman979
Changed formating

12 hours ago, Kerbal101 said:

Pilot Assistant does exactly this and is also purposely limited to this.

You can hold - vertical speed (horizon), pitch (horizon), band, heading and also horizontal speed.

There is no "autopilot" in it, but exactly atmospheric hold functions. Extremely valuable.

PA does much more than just horizon-relative SAS, and anyone saying it's not an autopilot is kidding themselves. 

I agree it's a great mod, sort of distilled out the plane-centric modes of MechJeb's SmartASS. 

@Red Iron Crown it holds things by reading from sensors and applying change to controls, but I disagree about it doing what "auto pilot" does: automatic landing, automatic start, traveling to location (at altitude/speed) are not included. I am only using it to hold vertical speed at 0 (which is what "hold horizon is") to alt-tab into something else for half an hour. But one can certainly argue if an egg is a chicken :)

I have previously used other mod which actually implemented these more advanced things (went "autopilot"), which caused a lot of lag due to me battling through interface options for very basic stuff - sometimes enough to loose control, because entering values in fields locks keyboard input away from vehicle controls. There can be some complications when using mechanic SmartASS :)

It's autopilot technology in the real world. Some aspects are done by trim hold of the control surfaces and flaps is a totally basic functionality on an airplane more than airbrakes and parachutes. A good step towards these potential implementations in KSP would be to hold the nose pointing at the horizon.

5 hours ago, PaperAviator said:
Apoyo este.

How about adding an sas feature that keeps your current angle (Pitch, yaw, etc)? 

Current angle relative to the stars?
-Then a plane will start pitching up towards space after it has traveled a quarter way around the planet

Current angle relative to the horizon/marking on navball?
-Then a plan flying over the poles will pull into a death spiral

4 hours ago, elektron2kim said:

It's autopilot technology in the real world. Some aspects are done by trim hold of the control surfaces and flaps is a totally basic functionality on an airplane more than airbrakes and parachutes. A good step towards these potential implementations in KSP would be to hold the nose pointing at the horizon.

But trim is already a thing in KSP.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.