Help with my planet (Scatterer and EVE Clouds)

TheKurgan

Hey guys, I decided late last night that I was going to learn to make a planet for my own personal learning and enjoyment. I finally decided I was going to make a planet with the same size, gravity and atmospheric traits as Kerbin, and I later decided to make it with textures and the heightmap of Earth (and I added the Moon) It took me the better part of the night and all day today to plagiarize the CRAP out of bits of RSS and a little from Galileo's configs... Well, I figured it all out and got it working exactly the way I wanted it.

My question is, Although I have Scatterer and EVE clouds working, can I get it working without editing, or adding, files to scatterer or EVE? Can I do an MM patch that adds Earth to the Planet list and adds my cloud settings to EVE? Is it so simple that I am missing it? I know some mods like Kopernicus, you can use @Kopernicus:AFTER[Kopernicus] Can you do @Scatterer:AFTER[Scatterer] or am I talking nonsense now? lol

I want my planet to be completely sef-contained.

Edited by TheKurgan

6 minutes ago, Galileo said:

Unfortunately scatterer does not work correctly for MM yet. 

EVE is also kind of hard to set up. This is why SVE doesn't use MM :wink: 

congrats on your planet!

@Galileo Thanks, you helped me ALOT ya know! I went through your Gael cfg file to learn a lot about how to make it work.... Gael was one of the only planets I could find that was close to what I wanted to do.

I might have copied snippets of your cfg file... hope thats ok? I'm not distributing the planet.

Edited by TheKurgan

6 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

@Galileo Thanks, you helped me ALOT ya know! I went through your Gael cfg file to learn a lot about how to make it work.... Gael was one of the only planets I could find that was close to what I wanted to do.

I might have copied snippets of your cfg file... hope thats ok? I'm not distributing the planet.

It's all good. I don't mind people cannibalizing my cfgs. It's really just the textures I'm worried about

Just now, Galileo said:

It's all good. I don't mind people cannibalizing my cfgs. It's really just the textures I'm worried about

No sir, I didn't touch your textures... I mainly stole your atmosphere and temp curves... because that was driving me insane lol.

West of North america

Gg51Xhl.jpg

Nice and blue

Mw5Oh86.jpg

Gulf of Mexico.

zxroC3d.jpg

Home province of Newfoundland... yep it's foggy there lol

2JCzGTc.jpg

Lake Michigan

Gg51Xhl.jpg

I think I got the terrain height and water level pretty good... I used my home province of Newfoundland and it's surrounding small islands to gauge it.

The Rocky Mountains are a little pointy maybe, but hey it's my first try :)

One weird thing happens though, when I load the game, and go into the tracking station, for a split second it shows my Earth, then switches to Kerbin...

• 3 months later...
On 6/21/2017 at 8:56 PM, DiamondGamerBR said:

but Exist a Mod With Earth,Real Solar System

Yes, there is. But I don't want to change my whole solar system completely... I want to leave the stock stuff exactly the way it is and add onto it. 

I have OPM installed, and I wanted to make a replica of earth just out past Jool, I wanted earth to have the same atmosphere, size and gravity as Kerbin without using Sigma Dimensions or another method of resizing a planet... other than through it's config file.

This isn't a mod I am going to distribute, I have plagiarized WAY too much code from Galileo and other modders to distribute it... this is for my own learning and pleasure.

and I think I have accomplished it.

Thanks for your help guys.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.