Recently I installed some mods (SVE, EVE, Scatterer). Once I installed the mods my game started lagging. It wasn't an issue at first but when I tried to delete the mods from the GameData folder, it got ugly. I wasn't able to delete them for various reasons such as insufficient permission (I'm an admin), file still open or in use when Steam and KSP are both off, and sometimes it seems like I managed to delete it, but once I check back at the folder its back.

Anybody have any tips? (I used CMD by the way)

Still a great game.

make sure you are using the x64 launcher.

As for the mods did you manually install them or use the mod installer?

you may need to take ownership of the root folder and all subs, to resolve your permissions issue, which if true would not let you remove the files.

hope this helps

Jammer

I installed the (insert mod name) files manually which I got from Curse.

and I am using the 64-bit launcher.

looking at permissions, once I make the changes they get reverted, the creator owner of the file (me) isn't getting full access once I give myself full access and apply changes it immediately gets reverted.

The only way I can delete files is in safe mode which still presents me with issues

Much thanks for your advice

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.