Enhanced EVA Mod

whitejj01

I think that there are some serious inaccuracies in the way kerbals currently go on EVA; for example, the way the airlocks are set up, the kerbals would have to de-pressurize their entire craft to go outside.

This mod I'm requesting would add a bit more complexity to the EVA system.

IDEAS:

Airlock (tubular airlock) (must be stock-alike)

the airlock part would be radially attached directly to any sort of manned module in order for it to operate; it could also be attached to any part and then be used for the closest module.

when you press the EVA button for a kerbals and you have an airlock attached, the kerbals don't exit through the hatch on the module; I'm not sure how you would code this but the idea is that when the button is pressed, the kerbal would be automatically transferred to the airlock module and then the EVA happens. The airlock must be its own individual part. Bonus points if this feature can be activated and deactivated via the airlock's right-click menu.

Object-attachment point (must be stock-alike)

this would be where kerbals are able to put down objects they have picked up, aside from on the ground(obviously.)

Exiting and entering animations for all hatches including above-mentioned airlock

First-Person EVA

this one's kind of obvious. I know other mods have done it, but it would be nice to have it all rolled into one.

MORE EVA ACTIONS

you know the text that pops up when your kerbal is within reach of a ladder or hatch? I think there should be some more stuff like that, so that EVA's become useful.

examples:

[G]:grab object-this kind of is a thing with KIS and KAS installed, but again, I think It would be better all rolled into one easily attained package; anyway, if object is 3/4 of kerbal's size and mass or less, then kerbal has the option of picking it up and carrying it around.

EDIT: the kerbal MUST be able to carry more than one part; definition of object here is one or more parts That work together, this allows medium-size multi-part module-type objects to be useful

Bonus points if kerbal is ever-so-slightly slower when carrying comparatively heavy objects.

[G]:attach object- this occurs when kerbal is carrying an object and is within reach of an object-attachment point. This system would be excellent for things like small, transferable batteries, solar cells on light-weight lattices, and other real-world moveable objects like this.

[R]:Individual part action-this would be different for each part; for example, for all solar cells, it would say [R]:Clean, and for all communications devices, it could be [R]:Adjust.

for this to be important, over time, efficiency of certain parts could go down(data transmission takes longer, solar cells produce less power, manned modules require more power); this could be configured in-game in the difficulty menu or on the individual part's right-click menu. It could also be turned on and off and configured in the mod's .cfg file.

MORE SCIENCE:

this is would work via the kerbal's right-click menu, the same way EVA report and Surface Sample do.

HUGE bonus points if each action has its own animation!

Take Depth Sample: kerbal takes a sample of sub-surface soil, sand, etc.

Run Conductivity test: kerbal tests surface and/or atmosphere for electro-conductivity(or lack thereof). Test for atmosphere if off of ground(standing on something or flying), surface if on ground.

Good luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.