Could Use Some Help With RSS (Horrible Frame Rates)

OK, so I am using version 1.2.2 64-bit. 

My addons are as follows:

Chatterer

Community tech tree

Hanger  extender

Kerbal Engineer Redux

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Kerbal Research and Development

Kittopia Tech

Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier

MechJeb and Engineer for all

Modular flight integrator

Module manager

Real scale boosters

Real scale sea dragon

Real solar system textures 2048X1024

RSS

My system has 24gb of RAM, i7-5930k CPU, GTX 980 video card.

Using the non-RSS version, with most of the aforementioned add-on running as well, I run full 4k graphics with all settings pretty much maxed out and its smooth as silk. The frame rates do vacillate some under those settings but it is never noticeable to the naked eye. Using the RSS version I cut the resolution down to 2560x1440, really dumb down the terrain details, render and texture quality as well as most other settings and whenever near landing on a non-earth body I get a slide show. In and around Earth its pretty smooth with no issues. Go to the moon and orbit is OK but when you get about 300 meters above the moon I start to get really crappy frame rates. Its not a slide show but its only marginally better than that. When I went to Mars... Good God. As soon as I entered the atmosphere I got a slide show. As it currently sits it is unplayable with RSS. I want to add other addons but don't dare until this RSS issue is resolved.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I am doing wrong or suggestions? The obvious answer is stop using RSS...but I'd like to try it to shake things up.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by Brian444444

I've heard this reported a few times before, it seems to be a mod interaction issue between RSS or Kopernicus and some other mods. You could try starting with RSS and seeing if that's fine, then adding other mods gradually. I've been playing RSS alone and things seem OK so far, although I haven't done detailed fps measurements.

Edited by cantab

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.