All Reward Sliders at 10%: COMPLETED!! :D

xendelaar

3 hours ago, qzgy said:

You're farther than my career save, and I'm playing with everything on a 100%.

Good job.

Thanks! perhaps  you're not that far in your current career game, but you did make an awesome 300 seat space plane. That stuff is just crazy :D 

7 hours ago, xendelaar said:

Thanks! perhaps  you're not that far in your current career game, but you did make an awesome 300 seat space plane. That stuff is just crazy :D 

Truth be told..... I haven't figured out the ascent mechanism. But it would make an interesting challenge....

• 3 weeks later...

COMPLETING THE CHALLENGE

I've been biome hopping my buns off the last couple of months. I visited many planets and extracted most of their science points, including:

Minmus, Mun, Ike, Duna (not all biomes), Gilly, Bop, Pol, Laythe, Vall and Tylo!

but with all reward sliders at 10%, that wasn't enough science to unlock the entire tech tree... (in case you didn't know: that's what I'm trying to accomplish).

So I still have 4 planets left to visit:

Dres, Moho, Eeloo and dreaded Eve!

So the last couple of weeks I've been spending my free time on visiting these planets. Here's a small impression of the mission. This time I'll try to keep it short.

First I went to Eeloo

GKlVQJ8.png

In order to biome hop in this dark environment, I had to upgrade my current biome hopper with some isotope reactors and some batteries. I also hauled in a better communication satellite. The biome hop mission was easy peasy. 

Next stop were Dres and Moho

hXwXXVd.png

Dres was also an easy mission, but getting to Moho was a bit more challenging. I didn't have enough fuel to fly from Gilly to Moho and land on  its surface. I was able to get into a nice orbit though. So I send refueler to give ye olde biome hopper some extra fuel. After that, the biome hop mission was also nothing out of the ordinary.

I now collected 400 science reports and I didn't know if I had enough to unlock all nech nodes. I really didn't want to go to Eve so I was hoping this would be enough to complete the challenge!

So with my heart pounding in my chest I flew back to Kerbin and landed the science pod near the KSC. After recovering the ship I received this mission report:

nnYs8nW.png

6504 SCIENCE POINTS!! That's not bad.. not bad at all!

Let's see if that's enough to unlock the rest of the nodes!

Y1f4YpX.gif

aaaaaawww yeaahhh! I did it: I proved that it's possible to unlock the entire tech tree with all reward sliders on 10%. I still have 1500 science points left to spend! :cool:

During the making of this mission I did not use the mobile processing lab* and no animals got hurt. I did use the very important LEADERSHIP STRATEGY at 30%. Without it, I think I wouldn't have been able to complete my quest at all. A special thanks for @Cunjo Carl for giving me this golden tip!

Bob and Bill are still stranded around Bop and Laythe... But I'll get them back home!

*I actually did use the MPL once, but after that I cheated those earned science points back to oblivion. I only wanted to use the overpowered lab if there was no other option.

So there you have it. It was a heck of a ride! There were times I thought it couldn't be done and there were times I really had to get out of my comfort zone to make any progress (which was really cool). All in all it was a great experience!

Thanks for reading!

Edited by xendelaar

On 18/07/2017 at 6:57 AM, xendelaar said:

COMPLETING THE CHALLENGE

I've been biome hopping my buns off the last couple of months. I visited many planets and extracted most of their science points, including:

Minmus, Mun, Ike, Duna (not all biomes), Gilly, Bop, Pol, Laythe, Vall and Tylo!

but with all reward sliders at 10%, that wasn't enough science to unlock the entire tech tree... (in case you didn't know: that's what I'm trying to accomplish).

So the last couple of weeks I've been spending my free time on visiting these planets. Here's a small impression of the mission. This time I'll try to keep it short.

First I went to Eeloo

GKlVQJ8.png

In order to biome hop in this dark environment, I had to upgrade my current biome hopper with some isotope reactors and some batteries. I also hauled in a better communication satellite. The biome hop mission was easy peasy. 

hXwXXVd.png

Dres was also an easy mission, but getting to Moho was a bit more challenging. I didn't have enough fuel to fly from Gilly to Moho and land on  its surface. I was able to get into a nice orbit though. So I send refueler to give ye olde biome hopper some extra fuel. After that, the biome hop mission was also nothing out of the ordinary.

I now collected 400 science reports and I didn't know if I had enough to unlock all nech nodes. I really didn't want to go to Eve so I was hoping this would be enough to complete the challenge!

So with my heart pounding in my chest I flew back to Kerbin and landed the science pod near the KSC. After recovering the ship I received this mission report:

nnYs8nW.png

Y1f4YpX.gif

aaaaaawww yeaahhh! I did it: I proved that it's possible to unlock the entire tech tree with all reward sliders on 10%. I still have 1500 science points left to spend! :cool:

During the making of this mission I did not use the mobile processing lab* and no animals got hurt. I did use the very important LEADERSHIP STRATEGY at 30%. Without it, I think I wouldn't have been able to complete my quest at all. A special thanks for @Cunjo Carl for giving me this golden tip!

Bob and Bill are still stranded around Bop and Laythe... But I'll get them back home!

*I actually did use the MPL once, but after that I cheated those earned science points back to oblivion. I only wanted to use the overpowered lab if there was no other option.

So there you have it. It was a heck of a ride! There were times I thought it couldn't be done and there were times I really had to get out of my comfort zone to make any progress (which was really cool). All in all it was a great experience!

Thanks for reading!

Congratulations! A great read over the past wee while!

Peace.

On 17.07.2017 at 9:57 PM, xendelaar said:

COMPLETING THE CHALLENGE

First I went to Eeloo

GKlVQJ8.png

hXwXXVd.png

nnYs8nW.png

Y1f4YpX.gif

Thanks for reading!

It was a pleasure watching you advance through the hardships..

I remember that when this started I only began drawing and doing my first achievements.

You are my best friend here on the forum, you were the first.

You need a golden medal for this.

I may be a bit too overhyped, but screw that, you deserve it.

I call you, @Badie, look and amaze how impossible is made achievable, look at all the struggle, look, just look! Have there been anyone who has done something like this? NO.

Outstanding job, my friend.

This deserves to be ToTM.

5 hours ago, cratercracker said:

It was a pleasure watching you advance through the hardships..

I remember that when this started I only began drawing and doing my first achievements.

You are my best friend here on the forum, you were the first.

You need a golden medal for this.

I may be a bit too overhyped, but screw that, you deserve it.

I call you, @Badie, look and amaze how impossible is made achievable, look at all the struggle, look, just look! Have there been anyone who has done something like this? NO.

Outstanding job, my friend.

This deserves to be ToTM.

I totally agree !!!!! It´s awesome

@theJesuit thanks! It took me quite some time indeed! It was a great way to neglect real life relations! :D

@cratercracker wow, thanks for these kind words man! you make me feel all warm and fuzzy. We shared many messages and ideas the last couple of months and thanks to your tips, support and off course awesome flags you made my journey much more fun and interesting . I also would like to thank you for your fair criticism on my reports. 
It's awesome to see your pixel artwork is really taking off on the forum. You "infected" many other people with your inspiring artwork. I also gave it a try a couple of times, but I just lack the creativity and patience to draw art. I never came further than a crude version of the Mun ... :D I finally concluded that I just have to stick to engineering and leave the artistic stuff to creative people.

thanks again. I feel proud that I can call you my friend!

• 1 month later...

Holy cow, I took a KSP break at the wrong time. Huge congrats on the accomplishment @xendelaar!! I'm so glad you managed to make it without needing to visit Eve on a budget, and with 1500 to spare nonetheless! Moho must've been a trick on a single-stage nuke from Dres. Also, that's a snazzy little budget biome hopper you built up. I might just...borrow... some of that :D

Finally, your 'not bad' photoshop had me actually laughing in my chair. Your presentation's been top-notch through this. I know how much time that takes above and beyond the flying, so thanks for taking the time!

If/when you roll back around to KSP, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.