KSP Forums Cities: Skylines Collab. Open to all.

cantab

2 hours ago, HebaruSan said:

pr0 tip: If you friend @cantab on Steam, you can go to Workshop → SaveGame → Friends' Items instead of having to search. You may receive a friend request from me after your turn so I can do the same thing for everyone else's maps.

(btw regarding this cantab i think you can set multiple owner for the map so, not sure tho' if updating a map is as clunky as updating a mod or an asset with double, tho' the procedure remain simple when you know, depend if regular backup i guess else multiple owner should do it and a back up before uploading )

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

When I saw that corner with the two rivers merging and the train tracks, I knew I couldn't stay away. Hopefully I will think of a better name, but for now, this is Arbor Gardens Crossing! A pair of twin hydroelectric dams supplies power to a thriving community between the rivers, a short over-dam drive away from a commercial-industrial boulevard next to the highway.

E57BEE265B100818455BE6F4849141F692A0537A

I marked it as a district using the highways as borders, since that looked about the same size as the area between @cantab's pedestrian walkway boundaries. The tracks in the foreground go through an inactive train station; if anyone connects another station to the rail network and would like to exchange passengers, please activate this station.

0BCD9A2F42D3F0D5AA6AEC9BB589B83199645EBF

Unfortunately, I've also driven us into a fiscal crisis; our infinite cash reserves are draining fast to supply top notch services to that wedge neighborhood. This may improve over time as the schools improve the residents' education levels, or not. My playstyle seems to have been skewed by playing with higher tax rates previously (I think 11-12% as compared to our 9%?).

@cantab, I'm upstream of you, so rather than dump effluents into your water supply, I connected our water systems so the waste could be processed or dumped downstream of you. If this bothers you, feel free to disconnect them, and I'll reroute and repopulate on my next turn. I checked your town a couple of times, and it looked pretty stable.

New map: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=885680116

sent confirmation save to...I think that was it!

as you could probably know, I'm also stupidandy on steam, just with the generic jeb picture, because I lost the original file for my current one

EDIT: I FOUND IT! YAY!

now to download CS on my new laptop!

and in other news NEW DLC!

okay, I downloaded it, tried to load it, and the game crashed, nothing with the save, just my pooter needs a restart, happens all the time in my KSP career, restart it and I get another few hours out of it, my fault for having it on without a restart for a day.

I'll try again tomorrow!

Edited by StupidAndy

yop la, i did some stuff ^^  it's pretty small but i prolly have room for a few more workers ^^ it's poosible i might have a few fire issue near the farm there far from the fire station and garbage falicities ^^

gonna prolly evolve in a small village,  without much high density building & a small extension shore other side of the hill

next:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=885727084

Spoiler

T6XsMpV.jpg

HS8vpjL.jpg

Edited by WinkAllKerb''
screenies

I know, I meant after him I get it

how do I upload still? for when I get the save I want to actually participate :P

EDIT: until I get it working, someone else can have the save, I'm going to try and get it running before I start to participate

Edited by StupidAndy

Steps I followed to upload:

1. Name your save something that doesn't include a period character (".")
  2. Main menu
  3. Content manager
  4. Savegames
  5. Find your save
  6. Click Share
  7. It might have you agree to some terms of service

The first time I tried it, it gave me an error that I think was caused by trying to upload a map with a period in the name.

@StrandedonEarth, I think you're the last of the original volunteers who hasn't had a turn. Will you have time in the next day or two, or are you OK with us going into full free-for-all mode?

I took the liberty of creating a Steam workshop collection of all the saves for easy reference, but it will need to be updated manually (by me) as each one is uploaded:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=886391002

6 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

@StrandedonEarth, I think you're the last of the original volunteers who hasn't had a turn. Will you have time in the next day or two, or are you OK with us going into full free-for-all mode?

As much as I'd like to, I don't think I'll have time today, so if someone else wants to continue, go for it. I should have time tomorrow (Sunday) morning, say 8-9 am Pacific time. So if it was available for me at that time that would be awesome.

Save Uploaded

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=886561454

In my own area I've got a walled city thing going on now. I've also extended a power grid to link up the towns more and I've also added a bus line running to most of them, which has promptly overcrowded, go figure.

We really need more jobs, city's boomed in population to nearly 40 thousand but industrial demand is maxed and unemployment pushing 20%. I zoned farming but for some it reason it's been real slow to build. Also pretty much everyone needs to add more schooling.

@rkarmark your City of Squares was backing traffic up onto the highways. I took the liberty of adding in a second entry point and that seems to have solved the problem.

@StupidAndy , Glodipose City of Great Walrus is yours right? Your water pumps are sucking up sewage. It's isolated from everyone else but you probably want to fix it, or ask if somebody else can. Turning off the city's own water pumps and connecting to the wider pipe network should do the job

Edited by cantab

5 minutes ago, cantab said:

In my own area I've got a walled city thing going on now. I've also extended a power grid to link up the towns more and I've also added a bus line running to most of them, which has promptly overcrowded, go figure.

^^

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

is that your city? I don't think anyone will be taking it anytime soon

oh and I just want to point out, I turned one of the borders into a highway because I wasn't anywhere close to the highway and I didn't want to intrude on probably @WinkAllKerb'''s land to attach to his highway, so I just made the border useful!

and here's the location of random dot!

Edited by StupidAndy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.