KSP Forums Cities: Skylines Collab. Open to all.

cantab

np np Andy see it more like that, placed the delims very very very roughly yesterday, just looking for a little room inside the circle for like a small fisher port ^^ it's moslty about the fun of designing road on the relief without using the terrafomer tools and view step from house or building ^^
jmzHBvt.jpgkrT02Xx.jpg

of course np extending the highway for you need along the hill, go for it (why not a tunnel even if irl there low chance , but for fun why not), aslo connect the various networks or road if want, i ll readjust eventually within the green perimeter around your ideas or builds

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

1 hour ago, cantab said:

http://imgur.com/a/gQ1ga

Imgur y u no embed.

Embeds only happen if the URL ends with an image extension (png, jpg, etc.) (for Imgur, try "Open image in new tab" to get the real image URL) or if you use the "Insert other media" dropdown in the lower right, which is how I insert Steam's F12 screenshots.

n0OSfcB.jpg

Love the motte and bailey, btw. Though I did notice some reports of crime ironically in the central secure zone. :0.0:

Speaking of screenshots, the benevolent rulers of Arbor Gardens have heard the people's pleas for employment, and responded with their customary efficiency! Ladies and germs, I present the city's latest traffic disaster, the Arbor Gardens Free Economic Zone!

05E372997E5A19648A4172F1D1D5C2D6F5717AB0

Somehow, our budget is still in the green after @cantab's economic miracle last turn, though I was starting to see this game's trademark large random budget fluctuations. (We'd be downright rich if we consolidated power grids and powered down all but the cheapest sources, but the need for that will decrease as we bring in more taxpayers.)

CC0E8C4C40647FE4D83FB6EB24A6BB8BA6595C8D

2 hours ago, cantab said:

@StupidAndy, Glodipose City of Great Walrus is yours right? Your water pumps are sucking up sewage. It's isolated from everyone else but you probably want to fix it, or ask if somebody else can. Turning off the city's own water pumps and connecting to the wider pipe network should do the job

D'oh, I noticed the ongoing public health crisis but didn't spot the cause, so it continues still.

New save: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=886622793

On 18/03/2017 at 5:21 AM, WinkAllKerb'' said:

mostly did some groundwork and network stuff, added a very few building, brought some network connection here and there, readded some water treatment for ya rkarmark 
Andy you need a clinic, or an hospital  and as cantab said expand a connection for clean water or use water tower away from ground pollution ^^ not wanted to place it myself, but look into that next time you log ^^ (prepared a bridge both for car and train for ya) and feel free to transform the 6 way in highway or eventually i can do it next time if you want ^^

either this or an extent of rkarmak city highway   with a bridge over the exit of the bay to your city, could be cool as well (more or less a long curve from it's current roundabout to your roundabout dunno what you two would prefer)

and readjusted the delim

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

1 hour ago, StupidAndy said:

I have a health crisis? must be the nuclear power station only a kilometer away from the residential zone...

I don't think that's it; I tried turning off that station (not in the official save), and the carnage continued.

Ok, I'm finally done, I have my corner set up with essential sevices, independently plumbed and powered, with one cargo rail station, one passenger rail station, and one highway link. Hopefully the plumbing will stay isolated until some of those other problems are solved. Now it just needs time to grow.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887254942

Edited by StrandedonEarth

Vince so wince ,) v(^^)v

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887416253

- mostly redid some network and slighty enhanced my little town
- some map road and train stuff (readjusted the Cantab Intercity Coach bus network to everyone town accordingly )
- moved andy water pump along the shore away from pollution (so your citizen are no longer sick but as said feel free to connect to the network)
- brought the train and highway to andy (still i suggest you adjust your entrance and remove the very small first section that create congestion)
- and lowered my delim as said previously wich give andy much more room

Spoiler

Hrg1WuG.jpg

WIAkZZM.jpg
cVYG22U.jpg

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

most of the agent sytem ^^ can go much far than what the ui show with the green overlay (but it's a very slow cover not sure if there a prio rules or modifier depending the overlay in case of emergency loccally) ((not speaking of the save load re-init aspect))

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

Yes, that may become a problem. I believe it will help to ensure services that use vehicles are well provided. If a nearby facility can respond, it should respond, I think. If it can't something further away must do the job and that then ties up the vehicle for longer. I may observe some more next time I play to try and confirm or refute this idea.

I'm amazed how fast this has grown! We've got more in two days than I often do in two weeks by myself. All the towns are looking great, @StrandedonEarth that's yours up by the lake right, it's really booming!

this is where come traffic fluidity concern when services are far away and stuck ^^ because huhuh i don't remind if there an amount modifier/reservation on each buildings vehicle assign out of the regular range, might worth some search or check the official wiki or make some test.

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

I saw tons of people living in my settlement and working or shopping in someone else's, and vice versa. I think we just need to make sure that long distance travel is efficient and provide plenty of non-road options (railroad, subway, etc.). Speaking of which...

I HAVE THE SAVE. Time to dig some very long subway tunnels.

yup, and the use of one way road and roundabout does a lot for that, as well as pedestrians path in combination with a good transport(s) network accordingly to vehicle generation behaviour and amount

gonna be especially fun to watch and deal with especially if there a few minor unbalance here and there locally ^^

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

@HebaruSan absolutely, there will be lots of inter-town commuting. I did a similar project by myself once and my highways got heaving, I actually started getting a bit spontaneous congestion just like real highways get. And I had a big rail loop serving everywhere too.

Sorry that took so long. I...

• leveled my entire residential zone
  • flattened and lowered it close to the water
  • outlined it with "quays"
  • put in a less congestion-prone road network
  • built subway stations and connected them to Square City
  • re-did the dams
  • added a decorative structure to the focal point between the dams
  • waited for the population to come back

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

We're in good shape; about 80k citizens and a surplus of funds, power, water, etc. I added a power line, dump, or sewage treatment plant here or there to other towns to solve problems that came up due to time passing during my turn.

New save: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=887570731

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.