JakGamingKSP

Can i get 0.15 of KSP

10 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, JakGamingKSP said:

Halp

test

Unfortunately, that would be somewhat illegal as there is no accurate way to prove you really own KSP (I mean, we believe you, but as far as the law is concerned) and 0.15 was a paid version.

You can find the versions 0.7.3 to 0.13.3 on a forum page somewhere (Don't have the link) but as far as 0.15 is concerned, I can't help you. However, if you know someone IRL who has 0.15 you might be able to do file sharing (although that is also technically illegal).

 

Squad, it would be a great option if an the downloads page we could have a version archive so we could have access to all versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Unfortunately, that would be somewhat illegal as there is no accurate way to prove you really own KSP (I mean, we believe you, but as far as the law is concerned) and 0.15 was a paid version.

You can find the versions 0.7.3 to 0.13.3 on a forum page somewhere (Don't have the link) but as far as 0.15 is concerned, I can't help you. However, if you know someone IRL who has 0.15 you might be able to do file sharing (although that is also technically illegal).

 

Squad, it would be a great option if an the downloads page we could have a version archive so we could have access to all versions.

I know i already got ksp does that count

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, if you have it on steam, there's methods of proving your ownership. I'm not sure that makes it any easier to actually get 0.15 downloaded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

Squad, it would be a great option if an the downloads page we could have a version archive so we could have access to all versions.

Do you want a divided mod community? Because that's how you get a divided mod community.

I guess the bigger question here is not how but why? There is incredibly little virtue in playing old versions other than nostalgia, and the free ones available suffice nicely for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Do you want a divided mod community? Because that's how you get a divided mod community.

Isn't it already divided? I recall that there were several players on 1.1.3, 1.0.5 and even 0.23.5.

In my opinion based on my experience, the greater factor is the major change of the API. It is a main obstacle for an update of a mod, leading to mod update delay. Sometimes, it evem means complete halt of the mod update. If it is one of the major mods with wide playerbase, it will certainly divide the community.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

Do you want a divided mod community? Because that's how you get a divided mod community.

Sorry. I did not consider that. But, in general, (probably) 99% of the modding community would stick to the current release.

4 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

I guess the bigger question here is not how but why? There is incredibly little virtue in playing old versions other than nostalgia, and the free ones available suffice nicely for that.

Correct. However, I have a really soft spot for anything nostalgic, but that is probably just me. :D

There are a few other reasons, though. Like save file recovery (admittedly niche), simulating time travel (even more niche) and messing around with infiniglide (slightly less niche).

It has been suggested before. And wouldn't (I'm not a hardcore coder, so I may be wrong here) take that much time to do.

 

But, yes. I see your point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry but no, not unless Squad releases a "Legacy" edition or similar with all the public releases included.

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, sjwt said:

@Ultimate Steve @JakGamingKSP @Jarin @Abastro

 

Link to Squads downloads for older free versions..

 

thaht has up to 0.13.3

On 14/03/2017 at 10:47 AM, Jarin said:

Well, if you have it on steam, there's methods of proving your ownership. I'm not sure that makes it any easier to actually get 0.15 downloaded.

R.I.P me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now