First Steps I: First Flight [BLACKOUT]

TotallyNotHuman

First Flight has been taken down and will remain so indefinitely until issues with the new EULA are resolved. If you would like to read it, please enquire on the Kerbae ad Astra channel, #kerbaeadastra on Freenode.

Thank you,

@TotallyNotHuman

Edited by TotallyNotHuman
Blackout

First Flight has been taken down and will remain so indefinitely until issues with the new EULA are resolved. If you would like to read it, please enquire on the Kerbae ad Astra channel, #kerbaeadastra on Freenode.

Thank you,

@TotallyNotHuman

Blackout

Yes, both you and Kuzzter have the same problems, mimicking star trek(Its not like I'm NOT a fan of star trek, I enjoy it a lot) 

Edited by Alpha 360
"Kouston, we have several problems, but that doesn't matter so we want to continue on with the mission."

47 minutes ago, TotallyNotHuman_ said:

I knew someone would notice it!

Keep an eye out for more references (both ST and otherwise).

Yeah, I haven't seen that series in a long time, but the moment I started reading it, I was like, I know I've seen this be- Star Trek Enterprise, pilot episode!

12 hours ago, Alpha 360 said:

Yes, both you and Kuzzter have the same problems, mimicking star trek(Its not like I'm NOT a fan of star trek, I enjoy it a lot) 

The 'problems' you mention are nonexistent. Go to TVTropes and read this. You'll find that many derivative works have shout-outs to their parent works or entirely different works. There is nothing wrong with a nod to another work.

Case in point: The Savage Chicken from the Freefall webcomic. You'll notice that its call sign is 1071-CCN. Oh, noes! It's the Enterprise's call sign backwards! Get the pitchforks! Get the torches! Get the lawyers!

Does this happen at all?

The answer is no. Content creators do not give a flying (bleep) if you give a shout-out to them. Often, they welcome it. So no, these are not problems.

In the future, I would also suggest that you take a couple of grammar classes.

But wow. Mentioning Kuzzter and myself in the same breath. I'm honored, though the circumstances are anything but.

Edited by TotallyNotHuman_

It is a joke, but still, I see everyone making references to it. Sorry about that, I don't mean any offense, I am just a very sarcastic person, and the grammar..... i don't want not to talk about it.

(Beware, joke above, the real answer to your grammar question is that I hate proofreading my posts:))

Edited by Alpha 360
"Kouston, we have several problems, but that doesn't matter so we want to continue on with the mission."

39 minutes ago, Alpha 360 said:

It is a joke [...] very sarcastic person

Poe's Law says you should always make sarcasm explicit. Around here, that usually means suffixing a ":sticktongue:" or a ":P" to the joke in question.

Edited by 0111narwhalz
grumble grumble mobile URLs grumble grumble

Right, I unfortunately am gaining a reputation for making sarcastic remarks concerning petty things, this is.... unfortunate:/

Edited by Alpha 360

Thank you,

@TotallyNotHuman

Blackout

Obligatory 'OP is an dumS' post:

Yesterday (my time), standardized testing swept through my school like wildfire. Because midnight EDT corresponded to noon my time, and my class took the standardized test during 5th hour [12:00 ~ 12:50], I was not able to send it in time. Astonishingly, I managed to forget about it until bedtime last night, at which point I went "oh, frak".

Chapter 3 will be airing (hopefully) same kerb-time, same kerb-channel today.

Thank you,

@TotallyNotHuman

Blackout

Thank you,

@TotallyNotHuman

Blackout

Thank you,

@TotallyNotHuman

Blackout

Happy Birthday!

A fine update to celebrate it with too. :) 

Edit:  As you were looking for feedback, I have one minor formatting request. I get that you don't want to put Alpha's speech in quotation marks to differentiate it from the rest of the crew - that's fine. But using italics or  < > brackets or some other marks instead would help to make it more readable.

Cheers.

Edited by KSK

D'aww thanks, @KSK. Nice of you to take time away from your writing to wish me well.

Regarding the date - I had planned for FF to go live on Monday, March 13, but I completely forgot. So, I aired it on π Tuesday. Who knew my birthday would land on a Tuesday as well? :confused:

@KSK - regarding your suggestion about the formatting: yes, it was intended to be in a monospace font. However, the conversion to Markdown mangled things slightly.

They will be receiving a quick refactor that makes Alpha's speech and all bold segments (which was supposed to be Courier New Bold) be in a monospace font instead of a proportional font, as is right and proper.

Thank you,

@TotallyNotHuman

Blackout

Thank you,

@TotallyNotHuman

Blackout

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.