First Steps I: First Flight [BLACKOUT]

TotallyNotHuman

Alright, thoughts on the first chapter :) (More tomorrow)

It's really easy to follow, and it's written really clearly, and like I said before, I really like the Star trek reference :D

The only critique I have is that you go into lengthy explanations into the math and science, while I don't mind, it could bog down the story, or throw the reader out entirely.

But then again, I doubt this is meant for mainstream readers, so feel free to ignore it :)

Oh, and another, thing about that, if you know the math and science, that fine, you don't need to explain it, just focus on the story.

First Flight has been taken down and will remain so indefinitely until issues with the new EULA are resolved. If you would like to read it, please enquire on the Kerbae ad Astra channel, #kerbaeadastra on Freenode.

Thank you,

@TotallyNotHuman

Edited by TotallyNotHuman
Blackout

2 minutes ago, TotallyNotHuman_ said:

Hey, there's no need to be sorry! It's not like I'm paying you to do this or anything.

Anyway, Chapter 17 has landed (automerge protection again). Happy 'Murica day, all you Americans reading. :kiss:

@Spaceception: if you'd like, you can join our IRC channel here.  

Alright, It's just I felt really bad for not updating you. :P

Wow, I have a lot to catch up on.

What's the channel name? And do I just make up a username/password? I haven't used this before so I'm not sure.

Just now, Spaceception said:

What's the channel name? And do I just make up a username/password? I haven't used this before so I'm not sure.

Channel name: "#kerbaeadastra"

Just make up a username. Registration is a little more complex and you have to join unregistered first anyway.

Oh, chapter 16 was a fine chapter. Truly 'one small step' for kerbalkind.

Spoiler

And I thought it was interesting that Alpha's message drone appeared to use the same Translation drive that the kerbals use. Primitive they might be but they're catching up fast it seems - at least in spaceflight!

Just now, KSK said:

Reveal hidden contents

And I thought it was interesting that Alpha's message drone appeared to use the same Translation drive that the kerbals use. Primitive they might be but they're catching up fast it seems - at least in spaceflight!

Spoiler

You'll find later that Alpha is not as primitive as it seems to be. All in due time, however, all in due time. :ph34r:

First Flight has been taken down and will remain so indefinitely until issues with the new EULA are resolved. If you would like to read it, please enquire on the Kerbae ad Astra channel, #kerbaeadastra on Freenode.

Thank you,

@TotallyNotHuman

Blackout

Thank you,

@TotallyNotHuman

Blackout

Finished most happily and most handsomely - great job! Seriously - that ending just made me smile.

Edit: Added (at long last) to the Fanworks Library - shelved in the Completed Works section under Fiction.

Edited by KSK

1 hour ago, KSK said:

Finished most happily and most handsomely - great job! Seriously - that ending just made me smile.

Glad ya liked it. Thanks for being along on the ride - 'twas a great honor.

1 hour ago, KSK said:

Edit: Added (at long last) to the Fanworks Library - shelved in the Completed Works section under Fiction.

:o And speakin' of honors…

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you,

@TotallyNotHuman

Blackout

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.