Stage light stuck on purple/locked

I just recently downloaded this game on PS4 and I'm finding some parts quite troubling. My main problem is that when I go out to the launch pad and runway, my stage light is always stuck on purple (locked) so I'm unable to launch anything. I've tried to toggle it by holding X and then pressing L1 which is what it says to do in the controls, but that never works. I've also noticed that this seems to only occur when I don't have control of the ship.

Not sure what to do.

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Despite the age of this thread I'd like to revive it and give some insight on the issue as I've experienced this on Xbox as well. Especially since I was just searching google for an answer to this problem and this post is the first result to pop up. However in the meantime while reading this post I was trying to recreate the issue and in doing so figured out the solution to "my issue", which was if I were to lock staging which I had been doing by accidentally pressing :blush: [Lb+A on Xbox] or [L1+X on PS4] then revert to the SPH/VAB or to launch the staging would stay locked, even if I recover the vessel and relaunch same/different vessel or save and reload it stays locked, the only way to unlock it with out pressing the lock/unlock command would be to restart the game entirely. The issue for me was not knowing that there even was a way to lock/unlock staging and that it would persist after reverting, recovering/relaunching, switching ships, saving/reloading, the later of which would make sense for it to persist even though it doesn't do so after restarting the game. So I hope this helps anyone searching for a solution to the purple staging light.;)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.