Are there hotkeys for RCS (prograde, normal etc)

michanst

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Key_bindings

H RCS thrust translate forward 0.11.0  
N RCS thrust translate backward 0.11.0  
I RCS thrust translate down 0.11.0  
J RCS thrust translate left 0.11.0  
K RCS thrust translate up 0.11.0  
L RCS thrust translate right 0.11.0  

... Oh, you mean the SAS autopilot modes, not RCS, don't you? Agree, I would like keys for those.

Edited by HebaruSan

15 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Key_bindings

H RCS thrust translate forward 0.11.0  
N RCS thrust translate backward 0.11.0  
I RCS thrust translate down 0.11.0  
J RCS thrust translate left 0.11.0  
K RCS thrust translate up 0.11.0  
L RCS thrust translate right 0.11.0  

Unfortunately this is not the one I'm looking for. This is just like the normal ASWD. I was looking for that "key" to prograde, normal etc. The one that you click on the left side of the naviball. Instead of clicking that icon, i prefer pressing a key.

Edited by michanst
Explain further.

51 minutes ago, michanst said:

Unfortunately this is not the one I'm looking for. This is just like the normal ASWD. I was looking for that "key" to prograde, normal etc. The one that you click on the left side of the naviball. Instead of clicking that icon, i prefer pressing a key.

I am curious about this too. As far as I know there is no assignable command for this, but it sure would be very nice to have. Lets hope some of the guys who knows more about the inner workings of KSP can shed some light on this.

I once was taught on here how to assign buttons to commands that are not available in the settings/input menu through manually altering the settings file, but I dont think this trick works here.

These days I have almost all KSP commands set to buttons in my self-made little cockpit, only reaching for the mouse for these kind of commands (outside the editor of course). Would be so awesome to have the option for stuff like this now, plus make the command "control from here" available in action groups too, please @SQUAD

Those are actually part of the Auto-Pilot/SAS system and are used to "hold heading". It uses the available reaction wheels and RCS if enabled to hold the heading.

I have made a mod called ModActions that allows assigning those hold heading commands (and several others) as actions and so can be activated by the action group system.

D.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.