Asteroid Maneuvering with Lander Legs

Has anyone tried using a claw in combination with "upward" facing landing legs for extra leverage in maneuvering an asteroid?

If the lander legs are close enough when the claw is grabbed on that they would be under compression with the claw attached, it seems like it might add some stability as well as a dampening effect.

Thanks.

Matt

18 hours ago, Foxster said:

Not sure of the problem you are trying to fix. Once the claw has sunk it's teeth into the gooey asteroid goodness I find the attachment quite rigid. 

I find the attachment is quite rigid, the joint less so... I often had rigidity problems if a large ship was anchored sliiiightly off-center.

However, this is no longer an issue in 1.2 with the magical "auto-strut" feature.
The biggest mass is pretty much always the asteroid in tow, so "auto-strut - biggest mass" work quite well there.

Full disclaimer: auto-strut is known to be Kraken-bait (so was the Klaw *long sigh*).
Use cautiously. Make numerous quicksaves while using.
Reboot KSP periodically.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.