Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chrisuk83

Controls Lock on EVA

Question

I'm seeing an odd behaviour whereby when I try to go on EVA on Minimus the Kerbal exits the capsule and the controls all lock up. I can still pan the camera but anything related to control (including control of the Kerbal) simply doesn't respond. The only way out of it is to force quit the game (I'm on the Mac version).

It doesn't happen every time, but it's often enough to wonder whether there's a bug in the game or not.

4 answers to this question

Do you have MechJeb installed?

MechJeb is known to  cause this issue.

Mechjeb can be the issue, but I have a workaround. At least for my game. 

First things first, try to switch to another vessel by a doubleclick. If that does not help, alttab from the game and back into it, and then try to alttab to another vessel again - necessarily one with mechjeb. AFter that, game should go back to normal.

I do use MechJeb, I couldn't be doing with all the tedious launches I'd have to do without it!

Thanks for the advice, but how does one switch vessels by double clicking if you can't get to the map screen?

Switching vessels within physics range is via the [ and ] keys, vessels further away require the map, you can get to the tracking station from the pause menu (Esc) and switch that way too.