surlybirch

Undocking rovers from base modules I lose motor control

Question

Hi all,

I'm working on my first Mun base and am testing some rover haulers to dock with my modules and move them.  I want to use two rovers on each side and move the group as a train.   I can join everything up nicely and move them around the KSC, but when I undock the rovers from the module, I lose all motor control of the rovers.   I have steering, but no movement.    Not sure why.   Any help would be appreciated~! 

Thank you~!

3 answers to this question

This is typically caused by the "control" being transferred to the docking ports or some other ill placed part.
The problem is cause by the part being vertical while the wheels are horizontal... Hence the motor control are confused.

The easy fix is to select the probe core (or any other part oritented in a sane way compared to the wheel), to right click and to select "control from here".

By the way, welcome to the forum :)

Look at the navball, a strange orientation means a misalignment of the control point.

Another possibility its that the brakes got activated (even if its not showing as it), try to toggle brakes on/off.

Thanks guys~!   I think the brakes were getting locked up when I docked the train together.   I found the brakes were set up to 100 on everything so I just lowered them and bingo~!! 

This game is so cool~!