How about making a sun, an interesting object?

Sun is an only star that can be explored,orbited and visited in stock KSP. Though we can't explore it so much. There is a lot of missions that are aimed to study and watch the sun in real life.

Why can't we have different periods or zones of the sun that can be explored,so we could get some science points? Perhaps we can have a moments in Kerbal year when the sun is very active/not very active for it to affect the work of the relay. For example: once a year  at a certain time a powerful magnetosphere storm strikes, relay stops working and many probes lose connection. Ain't that would be cool, at least exciting?

This is a good idea! I think there should be science rewards for getting really close to the Sun. The closer you go, the more science you get (Without crashing or burning though).

Also some Sun spots that would give extra science if you perform an experiment over it would be    cool    

How about making [random planet name], an interesting object?

[random planet name] is an only body that can be explored,orbited and visited in stock KSP. Though we can't explore it so much. There is a lot of missions that are aimed to study and watch [random planet name] in real life.

Why can't we have different periods or zones of [random planet name] that can be explored,so we could get some science points? Perhaps we can have a moments in Kerbal year when [random planet name] is very active/not very active for it to affect the work of the relay. For example: once a year  at a certain time a powerful magnetosphere storm strikes, relay stops working and many probes lose connection. Ain't that would be cool, at least exciting?

Fixed it for you. All planets are boring in KSP, not only the Sun.

18 minutes ago, worir4 said:

Also some Sun spots

Kerbol I mean, "The Sun" (yes those are air quotes) already has spots... we just can't see them most of the time because of the glare.

Perhaps at one point, as part of the telescope technology we have been told is coming with this next version, we can take closeup pictures that use filters, allowing us to filter the glare and see the spots in all their glory.

13 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

Personally, I would like the sunspots to be changing and animated. Nothing fancy. Just not the same all the time.

I strongly support this, if anything because that would mean some sort of procedural rendering of a CB surface, which may also be used to render prettier space views of the planets and moons (cloud layers? dust storms? seasonal polar ice caps? oh the potential...). Which indirectly means I agree with @Gaarst too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.