Update 1.2.9 Pre-release: Localization Pack is here!

UomoCapra

No mods clean install, yet we're looking at RSS Earth? Forgive me if I jumped the gun and misinterpreted - I guess that might be your desktop background

Edited by fourfa

1 minute ago, fourfa said:

No mods clean install, yet we're looking at RSS Earth? Forgive me if I jumped the gun and misinterpreted - I guess that might be your desktop background

Absolutely zero useful information, but hey at least we get to see some random user's desktop wallpaper!

3 minutes ago, Redneck said:

Yeah its a desktop background! Any other advice you would like to give?

Yes. Please raise bug reports on the public tracker. Link in the Opening post. Attach the logs, crash reports.
Without the information, not a lot can be done about it.
Thanks.

Ill just wait till the actual update. Im in no hurry to try this out an

3 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Yes. Plase raise bug reports on the public tracker. Link the the Opening post. Attach the logs, crash reports.
Thanks.

Ill just wait till the actual update. Im in no hurry to try this out anyways

8 minutes ago, Redneck said:

Ill just wait till the actual update. Im in no hurry to try this out an

Ill just wait till the actual update. Im in no hurry to try this out anyways

Don't expect it to be fixed then. Without the bug information, no one can look at the problem.

1 minute ago, JPLRepo said:

Don't expect it to be fixed then.

Changing the subject, I'm not surprised to see CelestialBody.theName removed in a localization update, but is there a replacement, or was the whole concept of grammar-specific naming nuked from orbit?

Just now, HebaruSan said:

Changing the subject, I'm not surprised to see CelestialBody.theName removed in a localization update, but is there a replacement, or was the whole concept of grammar-specific naming nuked from orbit?

Check the changelog:

But in laymans terms: No. It's just been done differently.
Modding questions can go in this sub-forum:
http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/86-129-pre-release-modding-discussions/

Thank you for all the efforts of SQUAD.

I am looking forward to be released it officially, and to be launched lots of salute of numerous rockets in Japan.

That's one first step for KSP, one giant leap for us and people all over the world.

10 hours ago, EBOSHI said:

Welcome to Japan KSP!
Today is the first step of localization!

fNGuTwa.png

Edited by EBOSHI

21 minutes ago, JPLRepo said:

Don't expect it to be fixed then. Without the bug information, no one can look at the problem.

Fixed it myself was related to my 3d mouse. Anyways going to go play Arma

Edited by Redneck

53 minutes ago, Iamsodarncool said:

Saw this in the FAQ:

cS9OGjn.png

Unclear on this. Was this a typo, intended to say March 16, 2017? Because that's when the prerelease came out. Or is this an announcement of a release date for the full update?

It was a typo, it is correct now :)

2 hours ago, StupidAndy said:

the only question I have is this

will it break saves and/or mods? is that unpredictable or do you know if it will break them?

I'l guarantee you that some mods will break due to some field names, but we avoided that as much as possible

The idea is that saves should upgrade correctly and work in the new version, but - and its the usual prerelease "but", thats the intention for the final release, there is more testing and work to go before 1.3, so keep backups before you try it and we apprecoate as much feedback as you have time to share

3 hours ago, genbrien said:

so far my game is crashing with mods. Dont know wich one though. But it's normal so soon

The core components changed, so all the mods with code (aka, not just parts, resources, tech tree) will break until they're recompiled. Most won't require much beyond the mod author loading up the code, checking links to libraries, and hitting compile.  But many mod authors will be keeping those updates to themselves until 1.3 as well. Don't expect official mod updates until after 1.3.