Update 1.2.9 Pre-release: Localization Pack is here!

UomoCapra

13 minutes ago, _stilgar_ said:

It's the little context window you get when you right click on a part in flight. 

Oh neat. I've always wanted the pin button to be bigger, it can be hard to hit. What's the acronym then? Part Access Window?

34 minutes ago, Iamsodarncool said:

Where are these located? I don't see them anywhere (and pressing F/R doesn't make it obvious).

Buttons under the gizmo buttons (top left of the editor) showing in text the modes and allowing to toggle by clicking them.

34 minutes ago, Iamsodarncool said:

What does this mean? What is a PAW?

Part Action Window. The little floating windows you get when right-clicking a part.

(Ugh. I load the thread, and that was the last post, I reaload after replying.. and the forum decides to show two later posts, one from 29 minutes ago.)

Edited by swjr-swis
forum timetravel

3 hours ago, kartzull said:

Will there be more languages than the 5 there's in this pre-release ? Like for example French

They added support for multiple languages, what languages they will support comes down to economics.

Note that when they added support for multiple languages they also added the modding hooks to add more.

So it will be fully possible to add language packs for Klingon, Tagalog or French.

On 17/03/2017 at 9:38 AM, UomoCapra said:

Around 4,000,000 lines of code carefully revised to catalogue all the aspects that needed to be localized and addressed.

Wow! :wink:

Edited by Dr.K Kerbal

On 3/17/2017 at 5:06 PM, The Aziz said:

I don't have Beta channels activated, but I do have newest update available. Hm.

Yes, that has happened to me as well. It did when I went back to the standard channel after having downloaded the prerelease. Looks like this is a bug in Galaxy itself. For me it went away after re-installing KSP through Galaxy.

On 3/16/2017 at 3:38 PM, UomoCapra said:

For the past few months more than 20 dedicated volunteers threw everything they’ve got at the game in order to help us catch any error and to ensure that the KSP humor and technical accuracy was kept intact. They did an incredible job and we can’t express enough gratitude for their help, but now we need more eyes to help us polish the final details of the localization effort to ensure a high quality experience to all KSP players around the world.

...more than 20 dedicated volunteers threw everything they’ve got at the game in order to help us catch any error and to ensure that the KSP humor and technical accuracy was kept intact...

...help us catch any error and to ensure that the KSP humor and technical accuracy was kept intact...

...catch any error...

CATCH

ANY

ERROR

DEAR

BLASPHEMY!

STAY AWAY FROM THE GLITCHES THE LORD HAS LEFT! HE LEFT THEM-, HE LEFT THEM TO TEACH YOU OF THE PAIN HE SUFFERED WHEN YOU ALL CAST HIM AWAY TO BOP!

@max_creative, COME HERE AND DEFEND FOR THE HONOR OF THE LORD AND DRES!

Edited by Planetace
Don't get carried away with font sizes, please.

3 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

It's been U5 since 1.1. That's why wheels have been borked ever since.

Sure, but currently it's on 5.4.4 while 5.5.2 is available

I mean, I'm assuming it's going to stay on 5.4.4 otherwise the 1.29pre would have come out on 5.5.2 since it's probably way too late in the piece to implement that

The 5.5.x branch has some nice stuff (I'm looking at the line/particle system upgrade mostly, but the FBSS and compiler upgrades are also nice)

I can see what you mean!   The Japanese in particular looks like something from a 1980's japanese cartoon.   Has almost an old digital clock look to the leters.  Very 80's.   Almost reminds me of The Police's Ghost in the Machine cover. Here.

The Chinese looks thicker than usual to me (I know nothing about Chinese language or fonts), but the thickness does somehow make it look fun.    

Good eye. 

Edited by klesh

13 hours ago, NoMrBond said:

Will KSP be making the jump to Unity 5.5.2 during the 1.3 update process or will it be remaining on Unity 5.4.4?

The plan currently is to stay on the 5.4 version that is in the prerelease

9 hours ago, NoMrBond said:

Thanks @TriggerAu

Fingers crossed for KSP 1.4 running on Unity 5.6 so we can launch a Vulcan using Vulkan then :P  

I don't know how many players have Vulkan drivers for their graphics cards/chips.

I know the Intel chips were the first to get it (followed by AMD.)   Considering Intel and AMD were primary members of the standards board on it this is no surprise.  Meanwhile nVidia snubbed it initially, hoping the would be able to maintain their monopoly on PhysX.

On 2017/3/23 at 8:05 AM, HebaruSan said:

Chinese:

8QdUvZp.png

Japanese:

UkTjLOq.png

Something about the thicknesses, angles, curves, etc. makes both look very light-hearted to me.

Did you use steam version? I'm using steam version and try to switch language in preview but it didn't work.