8 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

Is July before April?

Depends which April :D 

On topic; I'm not really sure how much I want the features in this DLC, but I will totally buy it because I want KSP to continue. There are already things in stock that I turn off (entry heating), so as long as DLC content has similar per-game settings I will happily throw money at all of them because how many thousand hours have I played KSP?? :o 

1 hour ago, regex said:

Did you buy before April 2013? If not, no free DLC.

What I want to know is whether they will honor free DLC for people who bought before April 2013 but have since transferred to Steam. I still have my old receipt email just in case I have to push the matter...

I had bought the original copy, but by some odd database leak or something, I had to rebuy it. I don't have my email that I used for everything prior to July 2013, as I deleted it for my GMAIL accounts.

I'm at a dead-end situation.

Still okay though, I will sell out for buying the DLC.

I qualify for the 'free' update, just (March 2013), as luck would have it i bought it just before 'the poo hit the extractor' and Squad needed to clarify their position, which led to the cut off date of the end of April for free DLC.  But i would almost certainly buy it anyway if i didn't qualify, the value for money have had from KSP is just beyond comprehension, and i would be very surprised if the expansion is not good value.

It's an optional purchase, if Squad want people to buy it it has to offer good value, especially as a lot of features can be provided free by modders.  Many players may well buy it anyway as a thank you to Squad for the value KSP has been so far for them, but if it's not good value they won't be so keen on buying the next one.  So it's in Squads interest to ensure quality and value for all paid DLC they release so that old and new players alike will continue to support them by buying it.

On 19/03/2017 at 10:52 PM, Astral_Nomad said:

I find it very interesting that the majority of people who are in support of paid DLC are the ones who DONT HAVE TO PAY IT BECAUSE THEY GET IT FOR FREE!! You guys wouldnt be chirping so highly if you were in the same boat as the rest of us, admit it. You guys got lucky.. some of us didnt have a choice..

Actually I'm one of those who gets it for free, but my chirps were somewhat contrary and my posts got removed, presumably for being too controversial.

36 minutes ago, Lupi said:

I've seen Fry a few times, but it seems like you all forgot this image existed:

I tip my hat to thee, space... dragon... thing. With a head-wattle.

Are space dragons tasty? My kerbals are in search of new cooking ingredients... 

(My cost for KSP is something in the region of 2p per hour over the time since I bought it. How can I possibly object to another £20-30? It'll divide in and make it 4p per hour... I only know of one cheaper way to waste time.)

Just now, eddiew said:

(My cost for KSP is something in the region of 2p per hour over the time since I bought it. How can I possibly object to another £20-30? It'll divide in and make it 4p per hour... I only know of one cheaper way to waste time.)

I bought the game for $13 back in summer 2013, i have logged... 1643 hours. 
That's not even $0.01 per hour, and considering the small handful of donations I've gotten from streaming the game it's probably even less than that!

I think i can afford the expansion, personally. It just comes down to whether i'm interested enough in it; I'm optimistic, but I'll still probably wait on reviews of it to see what sort of thing it actually is. At the very least, further announcements that bring more to light!

9 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Would emulating the mission builder based on its output files constitute reverse-engineering in the eyes of the EULA?

Presumably they have to add api functions to the main game in order to allow the mission builder to work as promised so you could potentially just hook into those. I imagine someone will end up supplementing the mission builder anyway because Squad has a history of hiding as much detail as possible (E: Initially, at least. NathanKell's not on the team anymore so I'll reserve my judgement on this one).

Edited by regex

I am a "newt" in KSP (bough It last Year at Steam) but.... i'm at around 0.015 whatever per Hour.. .. (And i'm working. SQUAD you steal my sleeptime:confused:)

I get no free stuff... and i have to complain to! Why is the DLC not already in shop and i can lay my hands on it?!:wink:

Edited by Urses

On 3/17/2017 at 7:47 AM, genbrien said:

what other DLC?!

there is no other DLC for KSP.....

The content they are offering, compared to other games DLC content, By all means does this or any of my statements mean I'm not buying it, I'm a kerbal junkie OF COURSE I'm buying it.

1 hour ago, Matuchkin said:

Did KSP have paid expansions before?

No this is the first. They've had 3 expansions that I can think of:

1. A soccer ball that ended up not in the game. Sad, too, because it introduced a cool bouncing mechanic that someone used to make a Sojourner-type airbag deployment system that I've not seen since
  2. The entire line of 3.75m parts, asteroids, and some other stuff like the claw. This stuff ended up in the game on the next free patch.
  3. The "Asteroid Day" stuff that has mostly been integrated in the game. The last part (a camera/antenna thing that I've never actually used) will be added in the next free patch.

17 minutes ago, 5thHorseman said:

No this is the first. They've had 3 expansions that I can think of:

1. A soccer ball that ended up not in the game. Sad, too, because it introduced a cool bouncing mechanic that someone used to make a Sojourner-type airbag deployment system that I've not seen since
  2. The entire line of 3.75m parts, asteroids, and some other stuff like the claw. This stuff ended up in the game on the next free patch.
  3. The "Asteroid Day" stuff that has mostly been integrated in the game. The last part (a camera/antenna thing that I've never actually used) will be added in the next free patch.

I will give no comment for now. I have no idea how paid DLCs will influence KSP and I will not immerse myself in the radicalism that follows every large change to the game or its community.

26 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

I will give no comment for now. I have no idea how paid DLCs will influence KSP and I will not immerse myself in the radicalism that follows every large change to the game or its community.

Thanks for leaving a comment in the thread.

Wow.  Paid DLC had to provoke a bit of argument.  It was inevitable.  :)

It looks like I probably qualify for it for free, but honestly I'd rather pay for it. I got so many hours of entertainment out of this brilliant game that I would love to feed the KSP machine so Squad have the resources to continue to work on it.  Keep up the good work guys!

1 hour ago, TKO said:

Wow.  Paid DLC had to provoke a bit of argument.  It was inevitable.  :)

Anything Squad does harbors controversy ... Murphy's Oil Soap Law states that those who have a tendancy to complain will continue to complain regardless of what you do :wink:

6 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

A soccer ball that ended up not in the game. Sad, too, because it introduced a cool bouncing mechanic that someone used to make a Sojourner-type airbag deployment system that I've not seen since

Pathfinder was very important to the history of the space exploration. So... maybe it will be included in Making History? :) 

Edited by _stilgar_

OK, I think I need a clarification. Is the mission builder a proper scenario editor or just contract creator? Because if it's the first one then I will hang my head in shame and apologize.

2 hours ago, Veeltch said:

OK, I think I need a clarification. Is the mission builder a proper scenario editor or just contract creator? Because if it's the first one then I will hang my head in shame and apologize.

Honestly, I hope it's a contract creator.  Allow me to actually set the goals of my space program.

edit: If by scenario editor, you're still talking about career mode, than even better.  When I hear scenario, I think a standalone game mode, which doesn't really interest me as much.

Edited by klgraham1013

3 hours ago, Veeltch said:

I'm on mobile right now so I'm not even going to bother TRYING to selectively quote the OP, but if you re read it you may notice they never mention contracts at all. It doesn't seem to me that they'd be ashamed that they were making contracts better, so I'm going with the other conclusion: this has nothing to do with contracts.