5 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

Of course, but I was planning to run the lifter/tug dry to gain a full profile. Reusable vessels would, of course, desire a less-than-complete burn of fuel (so they can still return and be used), but that's on the player's shoulders.

Yeah, I was imagining that the player could click "Trip Complete" just before docking to a station to indicate that any remaining fuel could also be used if needed. There's no need for it to be an exact match in terms of delta V.

Don't forget to account for aerobraking. :)

Edited by HebaruSan

Some people are getting angry at the devs for making a paid expansion. But don't you remember Bad Company 2: Vietnam Expansion? It sounds like these devs are working hard to make a content rich expansion for you guys. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Just because they are releasing a dlc doesn't mean they have succumbed to the "DLC Virus". :mad:

Edited by dartheverest1225

53 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

No, I've never heard of that. What lessons does it have to teach us?

BFBC 2: Vietnam brought BFBC2 from modern era to Vietnam era for $15 and it's what DLC should be like. It added a ton of new guns and maps, unlike, say, Call of Duty where for $15 you get 4 maps and a gun,

14 hours ago, Badie said:

Yes I´m paying attention guys :wink:

The thing I have noticed is a few repeats of the word `tedium` connected to multiple launches of very similar craft, and a desire to properly manage a space program, possibly with the kerbals flying the ships.

I hope expansion will be free or not very expensive. I just don't want to get disappointed with my favorite game. And if it's not going to being free I hope price for add-ons will depend on user's country

Edited by TedwinKnockman66

20 hours ago, TedwinKnockman66 said:

I hope expansion will be free or not very expensive. I just don't want to get disappointed with my favorite game. And if it's not going to being free I hope price for add-ons will depend on user's country

Price will likely adjust, but I can't see it being more than 15 USD.

One wonders if they didn't announce this a bit too early. I was very curious last month, new stock parts, early rocketry, a scenario builder. I would have bought it on March 16th. But now almost a month later I find myself saying 'mehh.' There is the old adage, you don't sell the steak, you sell the sizzle. By now the sizzle is gone and we don't even have a piece of cold tough beef to gnaw on.

Maybe if they released a video of cool retro-future cold war rockets launching into space,or something- anything, the saliva glands might kick back in again. 

But for now - mehh....

I think anyone who got the game before july 30th 2015 should get the dlc for three, because this is the 3 month when the first game released on steam making it the time when pole waited to get the game for steam 

7 minutes ago, Hallahan said:

I think anyone who got the game before july 30th 2015 should get the dlc for three, because this is the 3 month when the first game released on steam making it the time when pole waited to get the game for steam 

What? KSP launched on Steam in 2013. The cutoff for free DLC is the end of April 2013. People waiting for the game has no bearing on pricing of DLC. The first game released on Steam happened in 2002, with Half Life 2. Why three months?

if it's good, i'll probably buy. if its not, i'll probably not. Guess it will work the same for the rest, but the quality of some mods out there like bdb, tantares (which gets autocorrected to fanfares) and sstu raise the bar. 

7 minutes ago, 0111narwhalz said:

What? KSP launched on Steam in 2013. The cutoff for free DLC is the end of April 2013. People waiting for the game has no bearing on pricing of DLC. The first game released on Steam happened in 2002, with Half Life 2. Why three months?

I am saying that in the first three month of it release of any game are the people who are wiling to take a risk and buys it and deserve the free dlc 

26 minutes ago, Hallahan said:

I am saying that in the first three month of it release of any game are the people who are wiling to take a risk and buys it and deserve the free dlc 

First off, KSP has been around (and purchasable) for a lot longer than 2015. Secondly, the reason the DLC is free at all is because SQUAD put a clause in the EULA to that effect. They stopped putting that clause in some time later.(Presumably April 2013, but I remember reading it. I bought in June '13. Maybe I saw it in the demo's download?)

Just now, SpaceOdissey said:

YES!!! I LOVE THIS!!!! YOOHOO!! But a question... Where I can get all this new features? I just had KSP 1.2.0... So where I get all this???

Its not available yet.   Theyve just announced it, but there are no details for date and price etc.  

Could totally be free/cheaper for console players as a refund for us buying the game +6 months ago and, YET, not being able to play it xD.

3 hours ago, Hallahan said:

The same way we console players blindly bought it right after launch and were met with an unplayable game?

Sure is a lot of complaining in here about a paid expansion. I bought the game for $23 back in Jan 2013 and ive gotten several more orders of magnitude worth of entertainment more than i paid. 

I personally dont give a crap if some of the planned expansion items have been around in the form of mods for years. 

I dont care if i have to pay some for it. One pays $60 or more for a PS4 game or say 100s to potentially 1000s for prepar3d or fsx content in total.

I want squad to be successful. Ill be very grateful if squad allows those of us early adopters to get this expansion for free but ill gladly pay for it. One should not act entitled over 20 bucks. Ive been poor and never got my panties in a wad over 20 dollars i freely chose to pay for some entertainment nor did i feel the company owed me anything beyond what i initially paid for.

To the neighsayers out there that intend on flaming me for this post. Go for it. But think about what you paid for ksp vs what you have undoubtedly shelled out for other games,  pc hardware, red bull, taxes, beer, snacks etc etc and see if you dont then agree with me.

Edited by grayal

Great news that the game is being updated. Hope it's worth the money.

Will it receive a graphical overhaul? It seems that the original dev team went through a lot of trouble to evolve the game into Unity 5 yet it hasn't taken the opportunity to improve on the game's visuals.

I know gameplay comes first (been playing KSP for 5 years now),  but I feel the game would get a lot more traction if it didn't look like a PS2 game at times.

Hopefully they'll work on the shaders and lighting!