21 hours ago, Foxster said:

Since Squad announced new stuff to do and new bits to do it with, I have felt all warm and fuzzy about Squad. 

In fact, I'd like to have their babies. Is that likely to be available in a forthcoming DLC?

For baby generation there tends to be a necessity for localisation.

Peace.

If I may ask, what is the rough ETA until this is released? I know it's not set, but what's the estimate? 2 weeks? 2 months? End of the summer?

Just curious. If I'm not allowed to ask this I understand.

Edited by Third_OfFive

13 minutes ago, Third_OfFive said:

If I may ask, what is the rough ETA until this is released? I know it's not set, but what's the estimate? 2 weeks? 2 months? End of the summer?

Just curious. If I'm not allowed to ask this I understand.

They won't say. When part of an update is tracking down and fixing bugs, they usually don't know themselves until the last minute. 

33 minutes ago, TOMMY (JEB 2.0) said:

dlc=bad mod=good

That's a very absolutist statement. What about the fact that eventually, everyone who's going to buy KSP, will buy KSP (or at least the influx from new purchases becomes insustainable)? What about the fact that SQUAD's employees are employees, not hobbyists, and so have to be paid by SQUAD? How about the Paradox model of DLC, whereby the DLC funds continued development of the game? Now, there is plenty of bad DLC out there ($40 for two new maps!), but there is also good DLC ($10 for practically an entirely new game).

Rarely, if ever, can one say "A is good" or "B is bad" with certainty.

On 3/17/2017 at 8:38 AM, genbrien said:

I know right?

it sucks to have a life and be forced to charged people for WORKS you're doing

What a world we're living in.....

already payed 40 dollars for the game.

1 minute ago, Foxster said:

...and if you don't want to pay any more then no one is making you. 

mostly just salty about the way they went about it. why just before august(?) of 2013 why not all of 2013. alot of people most likely bought it during Christmas so it seems like a [censored] move to impose that kind of deadline.

Edited by /not/pol/

8 minutes ago, /not/pol/ said:

mostly just salty about the way they went about it. why just before august(?) of 2013 why not all of 2013. alot of people most likely bought it during Christmas so it seems like a [censored] move to impose that kind of deadline.

The deadline (which was April 30) was made in April 2013. SQUAD made a mistake with the way they wrote their EULA, and they realised this sometime earlier. They needed to scramble to prevent larger problems. If you signed that EULA, you're entitled to the expansion free of charge (as was made clear in said EULA). The agreements made after were written differently and exclude this clause. Besides, April is pretty far from the holidays. Not many (read: no) people I know buy stuff (or even think about buying stuff) for Christmas in spring. It was possibly the least related-to-holiday time they could've picked.

Edited by 0111narwhalz

2 minutes ago, TOMMY (JEB 2.0) said:

Fine then make dlc free 

There are serious economic problems that would result from that. Namely, SQUAD would have little to no revenue and would be forced to either make a new game (abandoning KSP) or break up (abandoning KSP). Companies which give their products away for free are not long-lived companies.

SQUAD has to charge. You do not have to buy.

Edited by 0111narwhalz

1 hour ago, 0111narwhalz said:

The deadline (which was April 30) was made in April 2013. SQUAD made a mistake with the way they wrote their EULA, and they realised this sometime earlier. If you signed that EULA, you're entitled to the expansion free of charge (as was made clear in said EULA). The agreements made after were written differently and exclude this clause. Besides, April is pretty far from the holidays. Not many (read: no) people I know buy stuff (or even think about buying stuff) for Christmas in spring. It was possibly the least related-to-holiday time they could've picked.

I see why they made that decision but i still see it as a [Censored] move. although i do agree the deadline would be reasonable. but so early in 2013 is [REDACTED]

Edited by Frybert

1 hour ago, /not/pol/ said:

I see why they made that decision but i still see it as a [Censored] move. although i do agree the deadline would be reasonable. but so early in 2013 is [REDACTED]

So when would you suggest? Remember, KSP was starting to grow and SQUAD was losing future sales every time someone bought the game.

Edited by Frybert

Just now, 0111narwhalz said:

Heh.

So when would you suggest? Remember, KSP was starting to grow and SQUAD was losing future sales every time someone bought the game.

most likely not under a month after it became available on steam.