Bqn5c3ob0iXJUjd3Bm0TShta94174vwDw7wuYBW7

Hello everyone,

Over the past months, we’ve undertaken a huge endeavor to bring Kerbal Space Program towards its next leap forward. KSP is by now a mature game with tons of content and an immense modding community, which has devised all kinds of tools and creative additions to the game, so making something new and exciting for our players was a challenge that we faced head-on.

We wanted to do something that could enrich the Kerbal experience, offer value to players, bring exciting new content and allow more creativity - all while bringing countless more hours of enjoyment. And with the 1.2.2 release we had a game in an optimal state to tackle an idea that has been in discussion for a while.

We are thrilled and proud to announce Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion. This content filled expansion to the base game will include Mission Builder and History Pack.

wwCzS5Eqa2COGMocYPoEEm_q7oXNPPuw5BCWcuyi

Mission Builder is an exciting new feature that puts the process of creating and editing missions in your hands. We wanted to give you the tools to get the sense of being part of a space program’s Mission Design Division by tailoring your own missions and narratives in a friendly and intuitive interface. Once created, you will be able to easily share your missions with the wider community.

q_mAvIMOd72JlvlYl1IhCjDzmmMWZxkh4I88mFv7

But that is not all, Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion will include loads of additional content to enjoy. This includes History Pack, which are pre-made missions for you to play immediately. You will have the opportunity to re-live historical missions from humankind’s own space history, all with that unique Kerbal Space Program twist! The pack will include a new set of parts and a new astronaut suit for your brave heroes. Imagine walking in the boots of the astronauts who witnessed the majesty of outer space for the first time or landed on other celestial bodies as the first of their kind.

Keeping up with Kerbal Space Program tradition, Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion will be highly customizable and moddable.

Key Features:

Simple interface: Using an intuitive drag and drop node interface, you can easily create new and exciting new missions for yourself or others to enjoy. Creators can also add constraints such as time, fuel and parts limits; as well as unexpected mission events.

Recreating history: Included in Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion is the History Pack. Players will be able to experience the trials and tribulations of the early days of Space Exploration on missions inspired by real life historical events.

New parts: Aside from mission creations tools, Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion will have additional parts such as new fuel tanks, adapters, decouplers, fairings and command pods… inspired by both American and Soviet space programs!

Kerbal Personal Parachute: Your astronauts will now be safer in case of imminent disasters with all new personal parachutes. So next time Jeb is in trouble and all systems are failing, you can simply eject him and activate his parachute. Then, you just have to hope, there’s an atmosphere to slow him down...

Challenge other players: A new addition to Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion will be the concept of scoring. At the end of a mission you will get a numerical score to compare with your friends and the community.

Kerbal Space Program: Making History Expansion is still in development and will be released as a paid expansion. Pricing and availability details will be announced at a later date.

It seems as though our announcement two weeks ago was met with some disappointment, but we were just holding onto the good stuff. We can’t wait to see what the community is going to be able to create with this new creative tool within Kerbal Space Program, now more than ever with an enriched and diverse community of people from all around the world, who can now enjoy KSP in their own language!

Keep tuned to KSP Weekly to learn about the ongoing development and upcoming details.

Happy launchings!

-The KSP Development Team

19 minutes ago, DarthVader said:

Paid expansion except for those who bought the game before that date in 2013?

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/47730955705/expansions-dlc-and-the-future-of-ksp

I was just going to search for this post since I recalled having read that expansions would be free for us who buyed the game before a certain point. Thanks for bringing it up.

I hope it holds true, Squad.

Thank you for your great content,

Nordellak

Edited by Nordellak

Sounds like a very good expansion with a lot of the stuff I was hoping for in there and a few extras as well...

12 hours ago, UomoCapra said:

as well as unexpected mission events.

Perfect for Apollo 13 missions?

Why april, why not just 2013, Kinda makes me mad, made my purchase Dec. 2013.

Edit: nice one on the word change. wouldn't want any of our resident children seeing any curse words. HAHA

Edited by Woodstar

This is an awesome announcement!!  Really looking forward to hearing more details on this. :)

6 minutes ago, genbrien said:

Having the game for some years now, kept updated for free, I'll gladly pay for that DLC

As for the imminent debate that will undoubtedly follow about more purchase requirements...I'll also gladly pay for such an expansion as well.

EDIT: Also, it should be pointed out that the Tumbler post (linked by Darth Vader) was made in April 2013 for clarification.

Edited by Raptor9

3 minutes ago, Woodstar said:

KSP finally succumbed to the DLC virus.

I know right?

it sucks to have a life and be forced to charged people for WORKS you're doing

What a world we're living in.....

Ooooo, Mission Builder!

Question: If when I make a mission using it, does it create files I can exchange with any KSP player (like mods), or do they need to have the Mission Builder to play them, too?

11 minutes ago, Woodstar said:

KSP finally succumbed to the DLC virus.

From what I've just read content isn't worth more than $9.99, comparing to other DLC's

It isn't priced at that either from what you've read.

4 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

It isn't priced at that either from what you've read.

TBF I didn't read any information if it is priced at all or am I blind?

EDIT: CONFIRMED BLIND, it costs money :D Now I go in a corner and laugh :D

Edited by Theysen

Great Scott! I really like this! I have two questions I'm not sure you can allready answer: Will this expansion also include more real-like planets or launch sites? (different latitudes / different difficulties and so on) and will the now stock parts also get an overhaul? If yes, will this overhaul be exclusively a part of the expansion or a free base game update? Thanks! 

Any chance we can get a model similar to Paradox's where if you want to skip a mod you can still get bug fixes and some improvements?

They are a mean lean DLC making machine, but I still love their model, and it will help keep the modding community somewhat united.