579 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, John FX said:

How about the people who were promised they would never have to pay for DLC do not have to pay and the people who were never told they would get free DLC don`t get free DLC?

You mean the situation we are in right now?

On 3/25/2017 at 7:36 PM, DiamondExcavater said:

I've read numerous posts saying Squad said we can get the DLC free if the game was bought April 2013, I bought the game in June, and back than the game was about 3 months old when i bought it (when it was put on steam). (...)

Edit: You know what? no, Don't make the DLC free after April, it shouldn't be free at all, Squad has put so much effort into each update... I am willing to pay them the fee, of what ever amount. The game is so amazing as it stands, it can be said that the community shouldn't have pressured squad into a free DLC promise

Let's not forget that in that case you got the game for a significantly lower price than it is at right now.

And you're right, whatever the cost of the DLC is (I'm going to assume it's less than 50% of the game price) , it's worth it for supporting continuous development of the game.

On 3/25/2017 at 7:36 PM, DiamondExcavater said:

Edit: You know what? no, Don't make the DLC free after April, it shouldn't be free at all, Squad has put so much effort into each update... I am willing to pay them the fee, of what ever amount. The game is so amazing as it stands, it can be said that the community shouldn't have pressured squad into a free DLC promise

1. "You know what? no, Don't make the DLC free after April, it shouldn't be free at all,"

I am sure Squad has a better grasp on what they can and can not accept as comfortable within their business model.

2. "Squad has put so much effort into each update... I am willing to pay them the fee, of what ever amount."

Anecdotal and subjective. Also hyperbolic since "what ever amount" implies you would pay, let's say, 10,000.00 USD. Would you really...? I mean, this is Squad, not AGEOD...

3. "The game is so amazing as it stands,"

Absolutely!

4. "it can be said that the community shouldn't have pressured squad into a free DLC promise"

Referencing my first point, Squad wouldn't do anything their books could not handle. Squad wouldn't be "pressured" in to doing something that would be untenable no matter who or how many wanted it. There's always a bottom line.          Furthermore, the precedent of not charging based on a set date was already established. That they remain faithful to this established concept is something to be lauded.

I am not meaning to insult you, but please understand, your argument comes off a bit selfish and haughty.  

Edited by jros83

7 hours ago, Kerbart said:

You mean the situation we are in right now?

Of course.

JUST TAKE MY MONEY.

Squad deserves some extra $$$, I got the game for like $27 or something in 0.23.