SlabGizor117

Is there a way to use mechjeb, or another mod, to set a certain orbit?

5 posts in this topic

I want to set up a relay network but it's so tedious and annoying and I want the accuracy of an autopilot mod to do it for me so it doesn't fall out of sync.  Can I use mechjeb?  If so, how?  Otherwise, is there another mod that will do that?

Mechjeb will help.  It won't get perfection, but you can get away without having perfection in most cases.  Here's a good writeup of techniques:

6 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Mechjeb will help.  It won't get perfection, but you can get away without having perfection in most cases.  Here's a good writeup of techniques:

Well I know about setting things in formation by halving the orbital period and stuff like that but I wanted MechJeb to be able to do it down to the meter which it can't.  I'm tempted to just use Hyperedit..

You could always get it close and then hyperedit (or manually edit the save file) it into perfection. I wouldn't call that cheating personally. I recommend not hyperediting the active vessel, since with physics running on the vessel it won't stay perfect, but unloaded vessels should remain virtually perfectly placed as long as you never load them. Even if you do, the changes to the orbit would be minor, but over a large time they'd get messed up.

v1.2.2 has Set Orbit build in on the cheat menu (RightAlt+F12 or RightShift+F12 on Linux).  No mods needed.