[1.12.x] Fusebox Continued - electric charge tracker and build helper

linuxgurugamer

57 minutes ago, AccidentalDisassembly said:

Just wondering - why does fusebox duplicate stock battery parts but not make any changes to them? They do appear in the editor (with editor extensions installed, I think) and they've all got the same part name...

they shouldnt be there.  They are replacements for the ReserveBattery parts from AmpYear, in case someone want's to switch from using Ampyear to FuseBox.

I'll have to fix this, thanks for asking and letting me know.

I'm a bit puzzled, they shouldn't have the same name.  for example, the battery pack is copied to a new part and should have the following:

reserveBatteryPack
@title = Z-100 Reserve Rechargeable Battery Pack

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Just to note that I am seeing them to - with the correct name.  I assumed it was Filter Extensions that was causing them to show up, and hadn't looked much closer.  (As it rearranges where parts show up in the VAB.)

Hey, 

not home so I can't provide supporting documentation right now. But last night when I was playing In the VAB I clicked the dark side planet selector buttons and got 10-20 copies of each planet in the list. 

Anyone else seeing this error?

25 minutes ago, DStaal said:

Just to note that I am seeing them to - with the correct name.  I assumed it was Filter Extensions that was causing them to show up, and hadn't looked much closer.  (As it rearranges where parts show up in the VAB.)

Thanks for the reports, I'll do some tests with/without both Filter Extensions and Janitor's Closet to see what's going on

These parts need to be available for existing vessels, but not in the editor

23 minutes ago, mtpatane said:

Hey, 

not home so I can't provide supporting documentation right now. But last night when I was playing In the VAB I clicked the dark side planet selector buttons and got 10-20 copies of each planet in the list. 

Stock system or expanded?

Also, log file, when you can, please

1 minute ago, DStaal said:

CTT here.  So it should be fairly stock.

I have lots of other stuff though - why I didn't report it immediately - it wasn't something that bugged me enough to track down the exact interaction.

I'll try CTT, but could you first verify that it's happening, then post the log file AND (if you have it) the installed ckan file to make it easier for me to make a test installation?

8 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I'll try CTT, but could you first verify that it's happening, then post the log file AND (if you have it) the installed ckan file to make it easier for me to make a test installation?

Here's the log: http://magehandbook.com/KSP/KSP.log

What I'm seeing is that the parts are different parts, identical to the standard batteries except for name, that are visible in the editor.  Doing a quick look at the MM config cache, I see that while they're not assigned to a category, they do have a TechRequired.  Which leads me back to Filter Extensions being why I can see them: I never look in the 'standard' electrical category, I use FE's extended one, with sub-categories for batteries, generators, solar panels, etc.  And it doesn't care what category the part's been assigned to, it just checks that the part's been unlocked and that it has the correct modules.

I believe the normal move for depreciated parts should be the correct one here: Set TechRequired to 'none' or something, so that it can't be unlocked.  Any existing ships will still have the part, but the part will stay locked.  (Note that the part might stay in both places for those of us with games in progress.)

13 minutes ago, DStaal said:

*snip*I see that while they're not assigned to a category, they do have a TechRequired.  Which leads me back to Filter Extensions being why I can see them: I never look in the 'standard' electrical category, I use FE's extended one, with sub-categories for batteries, generators, solar panels, etc.  And it doesn't care what category the part's been assigned to, it just checks that the part's been unlocked and that it has the correct modules.

I believe the normal move for depreciated parts should be the correct one here: Set TechRequired to 'none' or something, so that it can't be unlocked.  Any existing ships will still have the part, but the part will stay locked.  (Note that the part might stay in both places for those of us with games in progress.)

Just out of curiosity - are you running Ven's Stock Revamp?  I am, and I'm almost betting this is how it's getting a tech node assigned...

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's CTT,, but your suggestion is also good.  I'll get that done this evening.

I'm seeing this little issue too but thought it was a temporary thing while people worked on phasing out their AmpYear ships so I didn't report either.  As for the above mentioned idea regarding VSR, I haven't had the time to trace down the MM configs for it yet but since it does change how the batteries look (for some, not all I think) it may be tied into that.  As @DStaal just mentioned, the "TechRequired = none" is the way that I also use personally to avoid having parts show up, especially if I'm deprecating something from my game.

1 hour ago, rasta013 said:

I'm seeing this little issue too but thought it was a temporary thing while people worked on phasing out their AmpYear ships so I didn't report either.  As for the above mentioned idea regarding VSR, I haven't had the time to trace down the MM configs for it yet but since it does change how the batteries look (for some, not all I think) it may be tied into that.  As @DStaal just mentioned, the "TechRequired = none" is the way that I also use personally to avoid having parts show up, especially if I'm deprecating something from my ga

It shouldn't matter with VSR whether it is applied before or after this mod.  The parts in Fusebox are renamed, so VSR won't touch them.

I'm working on it now, will also add "Depreciated" to the title.

New release, 0.1.8:

• Fixed reserve battery parts to not show up in the editor
4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:
4 hours ago, mtpatane said:

Hey, 

Stock system or expanded?

Also, log file, when you can, please

I see the problem, working on it now

Sorry to bother you @linuxgurugamer, but I'm having an odd problem. FuseBox works properly the first time I enter the editor after game start. However, once I leave the editor, it seems to glitch out. It just stops respecting certain settings (it reverts to using the KSP skins instead of the Unity Smoke skin, the filter list is completely unselected) and the support for mods goes missing from the filter list. Output_Log doesn't show anything abnormal (that I can tell) regarding Fusebox.

Version 1.8.1 installed. I do have a heavily modded install (AVC lists 71 mods, so probably a couple more than that). I think I saw this behavior in 1.7 and possibly 1.6 as well. I don't recall 1.6, but I do recall I was hoping 1.8.x would resolve it over 1.7.

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 7:19 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.1.8.2:

• Fixed issue where some settings weren't carrying to different scenes

Woo! Thanks! Much less annoying when changing scenes now.

On a request side: Would it be too much to ask for support of the SurfaceLights mod?

It's a drop-in replacement for the stock ModuleLight, but Fusebox isn't picking it up. If I recall, Fusebox is fairly strict in its EC detection, so I'm guessing it might need to have mod support integrated directly. (Like RemoteTech.)

This isn't an urgent request since it's mostly a visual mod. In the meantime, I just need to make sure I pack a little extra EC storage to account for any lights I use. They generally sip power, so it not too bad. (Unless I'm underestimating the nnumbers over time, which is completely possible...)

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Mods currently on the list to investigate for adding to Fusebox:

• Near Future Electrical
  • WildBlue Solar Panels/SSTU Solar Panels
  • Surface Mounted Stock-Alike lights

Just as a note: If you're talking to Angel-125 on Wild Blue Industries stuff, note that he has several generators as well - including a new one he just announced but hasn't released.  I haven't tested all of them with this, but if you're looking at his stuff you should probably make sure you get all of it.