no cheats, person who gets farthest by only using the tier 1 parts wins. saw one for this but lost it, SO I made a new one.

me, 404 km and 2025 mps http://imgur.com/a/xyDtf

I mean: go as fast and as high as you can using only tier one parts, with powered separation and such. if you still don't understand please just ask. I try to make good challenges and I don't want the first comment to be how my challenge isn't good. so please, just ask.

Edited by rockets-don't-make-toast

This is pretty similar to what you are asking for.

Really, people are not likely to do your challenge if it is 36 words long.  The OP of most challenges are quite long, but more importantly, detailed.  Look at some of the very popular challenges and try to be like them.  It's what I do.

I try to emulate popular challenges because my weak ego requires people to like what I make, because I want to make a good challenge.

Also, try to avoid posting too many challenges too quickly, as they should be decently thought out, and if one blows up it's a major pain to deal with, although awesome.  I can see three of your challenges on the front page right now, which for less popular challenges means they were posted very close together.

I try to make unique challenges, even if they aren't that good. you could've just asked to put up some more detail.

EVEN better, told me where the original challenge is so I can post my results there instead of making a new one to get MORE links to the challenge submission guide.

9 hours ago, rockets-don't-make-toast said:

I try to make unique challenges, even if they aren't that good. you could've just asked to put up some more detail.

EVEN better, told me where the original challenge is so I can post my results there instead of making a new one to get MORE links to the challenge submission guide.

Don't take offense, but if your challenge designs were a little bit more polished, you wouldn't get a link to the challenge submission guide everytime.

The guide is not just "proof that a challenge is possible", it also requires for a challenge to be fun.
And to be an original idea.
And to have a way to determine how to win (if applicable).
And to be detailled clearly so that everybody understand what to do easily.

In their current forms, pretty much all of your challenges end up on the "second page of forgetness".
Almost nobody ever try them. Ask yourself : could it be because of the points above?

Take a look at the challenges @Rath posted. They are all great exemples that had hundred of challengers and that were re-posted on several different KSP versions.

If I take a look at this very challenge:
- Is it original?
Actually, it might be! There was some "how high can you go on starting tech" in the past but I haven't seen that in a while... Maybe we are due for a reboot?

- How do we win?
"Go farthest" or "go as fast and as high as you can" are both very VERY vague.
Farthest from what? In altitude? From KSP? Straight Up? What if I escape Kerbin SOI, how will you count then?
Fastest as you can.. ok, but how do that add up to "farthest"? Should I try to go higher or faster? A rocket could go highest but be slower than another one, would I win then?
What if I launch with an angle to make orbit? What if somebody actually make orbit, how will you count then? Scott Manley once made it to Minmus with starting tech... How "far" is that?
If that's not clearly defined, people won't try OR you will get tons of people that simply find loop-hole.

- Is is detailled clearly?
Not quite, as I pointed out in "How do we win". But there is more to say...
By "tier one", I understand you mean "the first tech node you start carrer with". But that's really NOT obvious, as @Rath pointed out, it could meant "tier one building" just like the cavemen challenge... Maybe you should define exactly what you meant?
Are mod permitted? If so, to what extend? Can I use auto-pilot? Modded part ok?
What is "powered separation"? Do you meant using exhaust to "explode" a spent stage? That might not be obvious to everyone...
I could go on but I think you understand my point (I hope!)
Take a look at the challenges posted as example, then compare to this one... this one is clearly lacking in details.

Edited by wibou7
typo typo typo everywhere

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.