Trouble with mining on Minmus.

Hello everyone !

After 2-3 days of trying to build a base on Minmus for my mission contract to mine 1200 ore i am unable to complete this. I don't know if this is a feature or a bug but the drill shakes the hell out of the base so the base is basically moving meaning i cant jump back to the Space Center nor can i time warp. Help ?

What am i doing wrong? On all the videos and tutorials this doesnt seem to be an issue.

I think i figured it out, will confirm in a couple of minutes. The drill by itself pushes the craft up when deployed. My landing legs are shorter than the amount of height that the drill pushes the craft. Got bigger legs now. This maybe should be mentioned in the Mining Guide to avoid this frustration :). Thanks anyway

11 hours ago, ikarus said:

Hello everyone !

After 2-3 days of trying to build a base on Minmus for my mission contract to mine 1200 ore i am unable to complete this. I don't know if this is a feature or a bug but the drill shakes the hell out of the base so the base is basically moving meaning i cant jump back to the Space Center nor can i time warp. Help ?

What am i doing wrong? On all the videos and tutorials this doesnt seem to be an issue.

It must have to do with the position of your drill. With my Rhea Base on the Mun, my drills, when extended, are too close to the ground and push the base upwards. Is this happening with you? If so, it means you have to either rebuild the base or just simply replace the original drill module with a new one.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.