Add-on Development Mod Library

CarnageINC

The following mods are possibly placed incorrectly:

On 3/19/2017 at 9:42 PM, CarnageINC said:

[1.2.x] KSPLogger released, by linuxgurugamer - This mod is created to expose some internal data for external use is for streamers who would like to display some values on screen in some manner.

[1.2.x] Kerbal Animation Suite Continued, by linuxgurugamer - For modders or video makers who want to animate their Kerbals. This mod has 2 components: the animator, and the API. .

These are released mods, not in development.  They are not development tools, although they can be used that way.

The following mods are development tools.  If you are going to list them here, then you need to indicate that they are complete and here TO BE USED FOR DEVELOPMENT, which is different than being under developoment

On 3/19/2017 at 9:42 PM, CarnageINC said:

[1.2.2NodeHelper, by Felbourn - A useful tool if you're designing your own parts mod, that allows part nodes editing in game.

[1.2.0] Kerbal Object Inspector Continued, by linuxgurugamer - This plugin allows mod developers to see exactly what's going on in the background of any game scene by listing every game object and their properties.

7 hours ago, CarnageINC said:

Construction Complete! 

Only thing left is add current mods from the last few weeks and I have a Kerbal Stuff project in the works to give the community access to the open license mods lost when Kerbal Stuff closed shop.

Congratulations, it was a lot of work.  I'll post  any changes that I think are needed (as in the previous post)

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

The following mods are possibly placed incorrectly:

These are released mods, not in development.  They are not development tools, although they can be used that way.

The following mods are development tools.  If you are going to list them here, then you need to indicate that they are complete and here TO BE USED FOR DEVELOPMENT, which is different than being under developoment

Yeah, I probably could of done a better job on that section title.  I wanted a little place for the modders to go to get quick links for any tools or plugins they need.  I put all the mod tools, in development and released in that section.  I figured it might help out new modders.  Thats why I left them colored green but I failed to make note of that.

Thank you for clarifying what those plugin are, I need all the help I can get to make sense of what they do and where they go.

This is amazing. You've definitely done a lot of work and it shows.

In other news, I'm going to be updating NIMBY as one of my modlets. I just got it working in 1.2.2 and will post it shortly. Forum thread for the modlets is here: 

Just an update on the library status.  Soon all mods that fall under Older Released Mods will be in a separate section in the Community Library to avoid any confusion on what is located where.  Up to 100-100 new links will be added to that category.  For those of you like linuxgurugamer, who likes to keep mods alive for the community, you will be able to see whats available over there for released mods.

As of now the Dev Library is only for mods located in the Development pages.  I just sent @Gaarst a comprehensive listing of mod of the older released mods for him to put in the Community Library when he has time.

If a mod gets release to the Release pages, I will most likely remove that mod from this library once its been placed in the Community Library.  If a mod author wishes for it to remain here I will keep in the directory.

• 1 month later...

@CarnageINC

Please file AirlockPlus under Crew Utility. 1.2.2 compat. Regular dev build releases. Currently require more testing/feedback before opening to the general masses in the release forum.

Please flle Hawkspeed Airstairs under Spaceplanes and Aircraft Parts. 1.2.x compat. Includes parts; prerelease stage.

thanks!

19 hours ago, cake>pie said:

@CarnageINC

Please file AirlockPlus under Crew Utility. 1.2.2 compat. Regular dev build releases. Currently require more testing/feedback before opening to the general masses in the release forum.

Please flle Hawkspeed Airstairs under Spaceplanes and Aircraft Parts. 1.2.x compat. Includes parts; prerelease stage.

thanks!

Sure thing, I'm going to update the library listing around June 1st.  I've notice about a lot of new mods in the works the last few weeks.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 1:42 AM, CarnageINC said:

[1.2.2] 34Tauri; Firefly's The Verse, by Pretorian28715 - For all those Browncoats (Firefly Fans) out there that like to Travel, this is the mod for you!

Hi, I have now updated this to KSP 1.3, and with the correct version of Kopernicus/MM should be backwards to 1.2 too.

Edited by Pretorian28715

On 6/7/2017 at 4:09 AM, Pretorian28715 said:

Hi, I have now updated this to KSP 1.3, and with the correct version of Kopernicus/MM should be backwards to 1.2 too.

Thanks for the update.  I should let it be known that around July 1st I'll comb through the listing and update everyone's mod status to reflect the new update.  I've been holding off on doing it to give time to all the modders out there to make the necessary adjustments to their mods if needed.

2 hours ago, Fengist said:

Maritime Pack should not be on this list if this is for dead mods. 

This list is for modder tools and WIP / in-development mods, not dead mods.
I think what you're trying to get at is that Maritime Pack (new thread) is already on the Release list and the outdated link to old dev thread should therefore be removed from here.

@Fengist, the Maritime Pack and Submarine thread you are referring to is old but it is listed as a 'dev' thread in its title and is also listed under 'dev libraries' which is exactly for what it says, mods in development.  Even though there is no activity on it, I didn't want to loose track of the thread since I spent months cataloging every mod post made.

Thanks @cakepie for the clarification :wink:

17 hours ago, CarnageINC said:

@Fengist, the Maritime Pack and Submarine thread you are referring to is old but it is listed as a 'dev' thread in its title and is also listed under 'dev libraries' which is exactly for what it says, mods in development.  Even though there is no activity on it, I didn't want to loose track of the thread since I spent months cataloging every mod post made.

Thanks @cakepie for the clarification :wink:

That dev thread is for my mod. It was started when i took a break by another person with my approval.  Upon my return that dev thread was no longer needed. There is no current or active dev thread or dev library for Maritime Pack, only a release thread.

18 hours ago, Fengist said:

That dev thread is for my mod. It was started when i took a break by another person with my approval.  Upon my return that dev thread was no longer needed. There is no current or active dev thread or dev library for Maritime Pack, only a release thread.

Oh, I didn't realize that you took over that mod.  This all these mods its hard to connect the dots sometime.  Okay, I will remove it from the library since its already in the Community Library.  Thank you for that clarification (If I had been paying attention to your banners below your posting I would of picked up on it earlier...derp ;)).

4 hours ago, Antipodes said:

May I request the addition of Walkabout, which I think should go under the IVA mods section as a light green entry:

[1.2.1WalkAbout, by Antipodes - Walk/run/swim without holding down W-A-S-D. Place a kerbal outside any door anywhere around the KSC.

Thank you.

Hi Antipodes, I don't know if you mistakenly put this in the wrong thread?  This library is for mods listed in the development pages that haven't been released to the Release pages.  In addition, your mod is listed in the Community Library under Crew Utility mods, which is actually a better fit for your mod than the IVA section since your mod has nothing to do with IVA's.  If you would like it relocated in the Community Library, its best to ask @Gaarst about what he thinks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2017 at 3:15 PM, SamBelanger said:

CarnageINC Can you add my mod in the category Realism Gameplay mods please :)

Reveal hidden contents

[1.3.0] OptionalAtmosphere, by SamBelanger - This mod adds atmospheres to those planets and moons which don't have atmospheres

Sorry about the delay sir, I've been out of town for a bit.  I most certianly will, I plan to go back through the Dev Library and add new links and update everything this week if I have the time.

• 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.