The Kentipede MkV: Millipede-shaped modular mobile base

Some of you may remember my mobile base, the Kentipede. While I had made a thread for the earlier versions, the forum software advised me that I should start a new topic due to its inactivity. Just as well, as this version of the craft is a complete redesign. The last Kentipede update was a change in wheels to fit into the mark3 fuselage system. In this version of the Kentipede, it *is* a mark3 fuselage itself. This new brings a massive improvement to performance and durability. The modules are now all the same size, and look quite a bit nicer thanks to the excellent work of PorkJet on the the spaceplane and shuttle parts. This should make it much easier for you all to mix and match to your heart's content, and it allows systems to be deployed that carry a single module at a time, a fair compromise between the MkIV's portability and the MkII's durability. Without having to fit the wheels into the cargo bay, I was free to use the Rovemax M3 wheels, which have an insane impact tolerance differential steering, and a high ground clearance. I also added retro-rockets, parachutes, and lights to every module, to ensure a safe touchdown on most bodies(They are not sufficient for deorbiting maneuvers, so please bring a rocketcrane). Do note that, as before, a launch vehicle is not included(I myself am using a modified version of one of @Rune's General Lifters), and neither is an interplanetary transport(I recommend another of Rune's works, the Magdalena)

Spoiler
Yxft8wr.png

ZJajpDn.png

dB2TX7w.png

udxTdsn.png

ltZjY9e.png

KkOlFFc.png

If anyone is interested, an Imgur album and the craft file can be found on KerbalX

Edited by SingABrightSong
Even more images

6 minutes ago, ottothesilent said:

Cool base/rover! Although, no pics, no clicks. 

Hmm, there should be an Imgur album on KerbalX. Would you like me to embed some of the images here? I should be able to do that.

ETA: Nope, can't embed images from Imgur. You'll have to click through to KerbalX if you want to look at pics.

Edited by SingABrightSong
Addendum

9 hours ago, SingABrightSong said:

Nope, can't embed images from Imgur.

You have to right click the image, click "open image in new tab", and paste the url of that new tab into the forums. Be careful not to click "open link in new tab"; you need the image on its own in a tab in order for the embed to work.

2 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

You have to right click the image, click "open image in new tab", and paste the url of that new tab into the forums. Be careful not to click "open link in new tab"; you need the image on its own in a tab in order for the embed to work.

I know *that*. What was happening was that the "Insert into post" button wasn't working for some reason. It's working now, strangely, so have some images.

9 hours ago, SingABrightSong said:

What was happening was that the "Insert into post" button wasn't working for some reason.

You don't need an "insert into post" button. Embedding an image to the forums is literally just as simple as pasting the image link directly into the post editor box.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.