KJR to IR compatability issues, any fix available?

KJR is locking the joints for Infernal Robotics.  I want to build a big huge drydock and refueling station and I absolutely need KJR to keep it from wobbling into a million pieces(now only 100 thanks to UbioZur Welds, lifesaver).  I looked around and there doesn't seem to be any patched version for either mod, but I found this by @V8jester:

I redownloaded the mod from the standard forum but I don't understand what I'm downloading from Jester's link.  It's not the same as the standard download.  If it has a fix for IR, how do I implement it?

1 minute ago, SlabGizor117 said:

KJR is locking the joints for Infernal Robotics.  I want to build a big huge drydock and refueling station and I absolutely need KJR to keep it from wobbling into a million pieces(now only 100 thanks to UbioZur Welds, lifesaver).  I looked around and there doesn't seem to be any patched version for either mod, but I found this by @V8jester:

I redownloaded the mod from the standard forum but I don't understand what I'm downloading from Jester's link.  It's not the same as the standard download.  If it has a fix for IR, how do I implement it?

You're clicking the green "clone / Download button" on GitHub correct? You are downloading the repository and installing only what you need from it, so you should see "....Gamedata/KerbalJointReinforcement" when fully installed.

9 hours ago, V8jester said:

You're clicking the green "clone / Download button" on GitHub correct? You are downloading the repository and installing only what you need from it, so you should see "....Gamedata/KerbalJointReinforcement" when fully installed.

Right, that's what I did.  So what more do I need to do to fix it?

1 hour ago, SlabGizor117 said:

Right, that's what I did.  So what more do I need to do to fix it?

That's basically it. Just download the GitHub repository. Open the GameData folder and copy the KJR folder to your GameData folder. I have KJR and IR 2.0.10 running on my KSP 1.2.2 install flawlessly using the fore mentioned links I put together. Another thing is, try deleting all the files created by MM in your GameData folder and restart KSP. Sometimes things can get wonky.

Just now, V8jester said:

That's basically it. Just download the GitHub repository. Open the GameData folder and copy the KJR folder to your GameData folder. I have KJR and IR 2.0.10 running on my KSP 1.2.2 install flawlessly using the fore mentioned links I put together. Another thing is, try deleting all the files created by MM in your GameData folder and restart KSP. Sometimes things can get wonky.

Ok I'll double check that it's not conflicting but I'm pretty sure I had the same exact copy of KJR already.  What was that weird dev build download that you linked to?  

5 hours ago, SlabGizor117 said:

Ok I'll double check that it's not conflicting but I'm pretty sure I had the same exact copy of KJR already.  What was that weird dev build download that you linked to?  

It's the same one you linked to in the first post. Just make sure you didn't nest a "GameData" folder in the actual GameData folder.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.