Asteroid Contracts

I put two commsats in orbit.  One around Moho, nd the other around Eve.  On the way out of Kerbin's SOI, I noticed question marks that appear to be asteroids.  I then took  couple contracts to bring them into Kerbin orbit.  I built a ship to grab one and went out near the question mark and it was 60 days old, and no longer there.  How is a Kerbal supposed to find these things?

You can keep asteroid signatures from disappearing by tracking them. To do so, enter the tracking station and select the signature. You should now have a blue "track" button in place of where the green "fly" button normally is. Press that, and the signature is added to your list of tracked vessels. While being tracked, it will not disappear anymore. You can stop tracking it at any point you like, as long as you have not already visited it (which turns the signature into a permanent object).

10 hours ago, Streetwind said:

You can keep asteroid signatures from disappearing by tracking them. To do so, enter the tracking station and select the signature. You should now have a blue "track" button in place of where the green "fly" button normally is. Press that, and the signature is added to your list of tracked vessels. While being tracked, it will not disappear anymore. You can stop tracking it at any point you like, as long as you have not already visited it (which turns the signature into a permanent object).

Ok, now I have "tracked" a dozen or so, but now I cannot determine the sizes anymore   Grrrr.....

5 hours ago, Morgan927 said:

Ok, now I have "tracked" a dozen or so, but now I cannot determine the sizes anymore   Grrrr.....

In the tracking station, select the asteroid, and look at the "Info" tab in the lower right in the window.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.