Ideas for visual enhancement mods

Visual enhancements is a great part of moding community, it always fascinated me, that you can turn your game into something so beautiful. Sadly, I never had a chance to become a modder myself. Despite that, I had a few ideas that are not crazy and even accomplishable.

1.Lightning. Some of the atmospheric worlds like Jool and Eve are very dull and even a bit disappointing when you land, because everything you see is fog/nothing.

My idea is to have a small but invisible light emitter spawn at different places for a short time, it will make it look like a lightning, and won’t make a lot of lags and it won’s decrease FPS drastically.

2. Rain. As far as I know, developer of Astronomers wanted to add rain. But it was long ago and probably will never happen. We can have a large object (with collider off) that will have one animation repeating as it is continuing to rain, it will last a 7 real life minutes.

3.Light from every celestial body. And no I don’t speak about reflection I am speaking about a different thing. For example, make Moon (mun) emit pale white light from one of its sides, it will cause water and probably terrain to be colored in this color and be less dark.Perhaps we can have it being emitted from a special altitude for it not to be blinding on the surface (I know it kinda not physical as natural bodies don’t emit light, they only reflect it) 

4.New texture for Sun! I always wanted to make sun something different. And there is textures from Space Engine that are so great! Can we have them?

5.Making craft’s texture change with the environment. It is a bit sad that after hardcore reentry there is no scorch mark on your craft or no sign of dust on landing legs after landing on Duna/mun/any dusty planet nor a thin ice cover after high altitude flight.

6.Better Kerbal animations. I know, I know, there is a mod that allows to make animations and that devs wanted to add some new animations, but can we have it fixed? Because my Kerbals move like they are very drunk or totally lost control of their body. The other sad thing is that they are like glued to their seats and do not make anything but try to wiggle.

7.Make more objects like rocks/trees. I know this is kinda stupid, though it would be nice to see more different objects to be scattered across the surface. For example: monolithic structures (sharp, pointy stones) on Moho, small earthquake fracture on Vall and Etc.

Edited by cratercracker

22 minutes ago, themaster401 said:

This is all encompassed within Astronomer's Visual Pack: Interstellar v2, as well as KSPRC. AVP is in fact compatible with the latest version of KSP and runs fine at the highest settings if you're willing to update every dependency.

Sadly, astronomers;interstellar V2 is DED. Though i have KSPRC ,but i can't find any rain/snow in game.

Lightning is already a thing in many visual packs.

planet shine is something the developer of scatterer is working on to implement. Just takes time.

And sun textures are already implemented in a few visual packs as well. 

The only thing we don't have or won't have soon is rain. I have seen other try and create a new shader for rain but the performance tanked. So I don't expect to see that any time soon, but snow is a thing.

1 minute ago, cratercracker said:

I know where to find it but it is oudated m8!

The version he is linking you to is not outdated. He just repackaged it for 1.2.2

1 minute ago, Galileo said:

Lightning is already a thing in many visual packs.

planet shine is something the developer of scatterer is working on to implement. Just takes time.

And sun textures are already implemented in a few visual packs as well. 

The only thing we don't have or won't have soon is rain. I have seen other try and create a new shader for rain but the performance tanked. So I don't expect to see that any time soon, but snow is a thing.

The version he is linking you to is not outdated. He just repackaged it for 1.2.2

Thank you very much! I will try it soon (on my computer that as hot as melting metals when i play with visual enhacements, not laggy though)

2 minutes ago, cratercracker said:

Thank you very much! I will try it soon (on my computer that as hot as melting metals when i play with visual enhacements, not laggy though)

If your motherboard allows it, go into the bios and turn your fans up. I have all of my fans at full blast.

Just now, Galileo said:

If your motherboard allows it, go into the bios and turn your fans up. I have all of my fans at full blast.

Even with all the fans turned up, i feel like i need fire extinquisher. Though that is okay, i can stand that.

4 hours ago, horace said:

not just incompatible it is impossiblee!!!!!!!

If you ask me,i will recomend you this-

For Toasters;

Texture Replacer

DistantObject

For okayish PCs:

scatterer

Planetshine

Cloudshine

SVT

Edited by cratercracker

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.