KSP: Making History for free eligibiility question

JChasaDog

Hi @JChasaDog, I'll quote the Kerbal Space Program FAQ to answer this one.

I saw the post stating that players who purchased the game before May 2013 will get expansions for Free. Does this apply to Steam purchases as well?

Yes, any purchase made before May 1st 2013 counts, regardless of the payment or distribution method.

Your account will still show that you bought KSP before the cut-off date so you will still be eligible.

Hope this helps.

25 minutes ago, JChasaDog said:

either with or around the time the new update hits

This is incorrect, 1.3 will be soon as 1.2.9 is already in pre-release for public testing, but the expansion will not be ready for a while.

44 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

This is incorrect, 1.3 will be soon as 1.2.9 is already in pre-release for public testing, but the expansion will not be ready for a while.

Now this is confusing to me. Is 1.2.9 the actual pre-release? Or is there going to be a 1.2.9 release followed by an eventual 1.3? I'm so confused now.

1 hour ago, adsii1970 said:

Now this is confusing to me. Is 1.2.9 the actual pre-release? Or is there going to be a 1.2.9 release followed by an eventual 1.3? I'm so confused now.

1.2.9 is the pre-release of 1.3. Yes, it is very confusing.

3 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

It's a nod to the version checkers that mods use, it confuses them when the prerelease and release has the same version number. 

It's breaking those version checkers right now, for modders that set KSP_VERSION_MAX to 1.2.99 in the hopes that API changes wouldn't happen within a patch-level update.

10 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

1.2.9 is the pre-release for 1.3 which is the localization update, the expansion is another thing that is coming between a short and long while.

1 hour ago, Urses said:

And the DLC Drops somewhere in between....

Indeed, confusing it is, say I.... -Yoda-

From what previous comments have been made by those "in the know," I suspect we will not see the DLC before the end of May... Just sayin'

Edited by adsii1970

I think some people are getting confused and seeing the month but not the year.

The cut-off point to be eligible for the expansion for free is May 2013.

That date has nothing to do with the release of the expansion.

2 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

From what previous comments have been made by those "in the know," I suspect we will not see the DLC before the end of May... Just sayin'

If promises by Squad are to be interpreted on a historic basis, we don't know if we'll see the DLC at all.

51 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

The cut-off point to be eligible for the expansion for free is May 2013.

That date has nothing to do with the release of the expansion.

Nope, never inferring that it did. Just that some of the folks are thinking that just because DLC was announced, assume it will be available SOONTM

And all I am pointing out is that I personally do not think we will see the promised DLC anytime before the end of May 2017; Squad has had a habit of sharing new features planned but without a date to expect them. Therefore, anyone expecting to get this DLC in their hot, grubby hands by the end of this month... 

42 minutes ago, Kerbart said:

If promises by Squad are to be interpreted on a historic basis, we don't know if we'll see the DLC at all.

Unfortunately, I think you're right... the second gas giant comes to mind.

1 hour ago, Kerbart said:

32 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

Unfortunately, I think you're right... the second gas giant comes to mind.

I'll just Quote Red here.

On 3/20/2017 at 4:02 AM, Red Iron Crown said:

You're not misunderstanding the word promise, you're mistaking a description of things being worked on or considered as a promise. This is why they are so reluctant to discuss plans that aren't 100% nailed down now, because people interpret it all as promises. 

As far as I know a second gas giant was discussed, but that is not the same as promised.

Edit:

If anyone can find a promise for Gas giant 2  I'll add it to the Already Planned section of the Common Suggestions thread.

Still feel that the prerelease should've been versioned 1.3.-1. Makes everyone happy: users see "one less than 1.3," modders see "prerelease != release," devs see "it's in the 1.3 pile, and sorts correctly." Also gets back at the "zero point niners" for thinking version numbers are like decimals. :sticktongue:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.