Docking on an armed Claw

Is it possible to dock a ship on a armed claw ?

I mean my ship don't have any claw or docking port but the target has a claw and I directly hit the target on that claw which I've armed before that.

My aim is having a non movable refuel station which can refuel any ship even if they don't have any docking port, and/or limited RCS capability

Thx

Yes.

Connecting to a non-active claw used to be a good way to summon the Kraken, but I think that doesn't happen anymore. At any rate I've done such a docking once in my current career and nothing horrible happened.

PS. And even if it did summon the Kraken, in the scenario you described you could work around that by switching vessels to the refueling station (with the claw) right before they connect up.

Edited by Hotaru

There are no kraken problems with klaws anymore since version 1.1.0. And yes, you can dock with them this way as Hotaru said. I do it all the time, in fact.

But the same restriction applies to this kind of docking as to all klaw dockings. The klaw needs to be perpendicular to the surface that it touches, in order to successfully latch on. Speed doesn't matter, but you must be very careful about touching just right so that it is perpendicular.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.