Alien relay?

Numerlor

4 minutes ago, nascarlaser1 said:

there appears to be 2 different relay stations in that area of the planet.. perhaps the way the map is positioned?

I have been searching for relay stations map without succes, I remember seeing one thought and I don't think it is because of position because it only draws straight lines and I only have those 2 things in orbit, maybe some artifact from 5th antenna?

3 minutes ago, Numerlor said:

I have been searching for relay stations map without succes, I remember seeing one thought and I don't think it is because of position because it only draws straight lines and I only have those 2 things in orbit, maybe some artifact from 5th antenna?

You have three connections converging on one DSN relay station. 2 from the things on orbit - coincidentally looking almost like a single line passing by from this angle - and 1 from a craft on the surface. Probably the plane at the lower center of the screenshot.

Yes, that connection goes right through the planet. The default settings allow some of that to simulate surface and atmospheric bending as well as generally make things a tad easier on the lower difficulties. If that relay hadn't happened to be on high ground you wouldn't see the connection line at all since it would have been completely underground.

5 minutes ago, monophonic said:

You have three connections converging on one DSN relay station. 2 from the things on orbit - coincidentally looking almost like a single line passing by from this angle - and 1 from a craft on the surface. Probably the plane at the lower center of the screenshot.

Yes, that connection goes right through the planet. The default settings allow some of that to simulate surface and atmospheric bending as well as generally make things a tad easier on the lower difficulties. If that relay hadn't happened to be on high ground you wouldn't see the connection line at all since it would have been completely underground.

Well I didn't take that the small craft with built in antenna can connect that far and I completly forgot about it, but this seems like the answer because when I draw straight line from it, it creates something like this which is neough to convince me

62b02222c8459c1246e5357494ccc7a7.png

14 minutes ago, Numerlor said:

Well I didn't take that the small craft with built in antenna can connect that far and I completly forgot about it, but this seems like the answer because when I draw straight line from it, it creates something like this which is neough to convince me

62b02222c8459c1246e5357494ccc7a7.png

land the airplane/recover it and see if it goes away to confirm the theory I guess. If not though.... ALIENS ARE COMING!! RUUN FOR YOUR PUNY GREEN LIVES!!

also, if kerbals are little green men.... who would be aliens?? humans!?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.