[1.9+] ReCoupler Release Thread - Monocouple your bicouplers! (v1.3.5)

Booots

5 hours ago, Tau137 said:

How does this play with KJR?

I haven't tried it, personally. I can't think of any incompatibilities though. If anyone watching this thread has tried it, feel free to chime in. Or you could try it yourself and let me know. If you come across any incompatibilities I'll be more than happy to fix them.

Right now the only minor incompatibility is Infernal Robotics but I'm nearly done testing a fix for that.

10 hours ago, Booots said:

I haven't tried it, personally. I can't think of any incompatibilities though. If anyone watching this thread has tried it, feel free to chime in. Or you could try it yourself and let me know. If you come across any incompatibilities I'll be more than happy to fix them.

Right now the only minor incompatibility is Infernal Robotics but I'm nearly done testing a fix for that.

Please do share the IR fix when it is done.  Thank you in advance (assuming that this will happen sooner than 1.3 when we will be up to yet another couple to infinity weeks to see our favorite mods updated :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2017 at 1:34 PM, Horus said:

The package has ConnectedLiving Space plugin included. What does it give for this mod? Is it necessary to have it?

The packaged CLS dll is just a custom version that allows ReCoupler to tell it about the joints it's made (this should be included in the next version of CLS but I think the author is waiting for KSP 1.3). If you use CLS, replace the dll with the one packaged here, and if you don't use CLS feel free to delete the dll. I think I might distribute the custom CLS dll as a separate download so I stop confusing people. :P

On 4/28/2017 at 11:50 PM, Tube Alloys said:

Does this feature work with docking, or just in the editor?

Edit:  Nevermind!  Just saw your 1.2 update post.  No docking support.  Still an awesome mod.

You've always been able to multi-dock in stock, provided you can line up all the docking ports closely enough in flight. In the editor, however, you couldn't. Even now, as long as the ReCoupled joint isn't from one docking port to another in the editor, you can do it. (So bicoupler->double docking ports->double docking ports->bicoupler will work because the ReCoupled joint will be from a bicoupler to a docking port. To have the ReCoupled joint from one docking port to another you need to be surface attaching the docking ports or some other possibly-strange configuration.)

Does that answer your question?

17 hours ago, Booots said:

The packaged CLS dll is just a custom version that allows ReCoupler to tell it about the joints it's made (this should be included in the next version of CLS but I think the author is waiting for KSP 1.3). If you use CLS, replace the dll with the one packaged here, and if you don't use CLS feel free to delete the dll. I think I might distribute the custom CLS dll as a separate download so I stop confusing people. :P

So it IS necessary for proper mode functioning, right?

7 hours ago, Horus said:

So it IS necessary for proper mode functioning, right?

The included CLS dll is necessary for proper CLS functioning, ReCoupler works just fine without it.

On 4/30/2017 at 0:43 PM, Booots said:

You've always been able to multi-dock in stock, provided you can line up all the docking ports closely enough in flight.

Wow.  I'm not sure how this tidbit slipped past me given how long I've been playing.  I guess it's time to get more creative with my stations.

Thanks.

Found a solution to this problem: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwdFv7OjGkGjZlV3UmpVMm1zWWM it's this https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwdFv7OjGkGjdXFyYVNOSUZxOFE 

(its the problem when you cant connect boosters to you rocket radially from two points and they wobble alot making the rocket uncontrollable) just tested it a bit further it could destroy you ship while decoupleing but its the best fix to the problem i know if you know better please respond and if the mod developer is reading this then please make it so it doesnt blow up my rocket while decoupleing 

Edited by Owend

Version 1.3.0 is now live! (Of this mod, not KSP :P )

It features support for Infernal Robotics (basically just checking to make sure I'm not joining two parts that have a hinge between them), a new icon courtesy of @Rodger, and improved persistence of user-ignored part pairs.

Download from the link in the OP. Enjoy!

6 hours ago, Owend said:

Found a solution to this problem: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwdFv7OjGkGjZlV3UmpVMm1zWWM it's this https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwdFv7OjGkGjdXFyYVNOSUZxOFE 

(its the problem when you cant connect boosters to you rocket radially from two points and they wobble alot making the rocket uncontrollable) just tested it a bit further it could destroy you ship while decoupleing but its the best fix to the problem i know if you know better please respond and if the mod developer is reading this then please make it so it doesnt blow up my rocket while decoupleing 

If I understand what you're doing correctly, having two radial decouplers connecting to a one-part booster would mean I'd have to somehow implement surface attach ReCoupling. I'm pretty sure it's doable for some cases, but would be a bit tricky to pull off. What does work is if you have another part above the booster (like a fuel tank) and connect that part to a radial decoupler and then get ReCoupler to join the fuel tank and the booster.

• 6 months later...

As a new player - I bought KSP about a week before 1.3.1 came out - I was speechless when I discovered why I could not build so many ideas I had.  No, actually I cursed like a sailor and that is not something your average Army veteran will admit too. :wink:  How could this not be a standard thing!  Then I discovered your recoupler and Ferram's joint reinforcement mods and my joy was enhanced!  Double plus good, this.

Edited by GenjoKoan
add an all important "not"

16 hours ago, GenjoKoan said:

@Booots, or perhaps get Unity to fix their engine?  This is a Unity bug, no?

I don't think so. The need for ReCoupler comes from the fact that KSP vessels are built using a tree structure where each part has a single parent, going back to the root part. The problem is when a part is added and could be a child of multiple parts - where its parent is ambiguous. KSP just chooses one and then doesn't connect it, physically or otherwise, to the others. ReCoupler creates the physical connection that KSP misses. So I'm quite sure it's an oversight by KSP and not Unity.

• 3 months later...

Good news! This appears to be compatible with 1.4 without any need to be recompiled. Carry on with the versions you're using!

On the downside, it doesn't appear to be a stock feature yet... Oh well, maybe in 1.5! :P

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/22/2018 at 9:08 PM, Gordon Dry said:

I don't understand the CLS compatibility stuff ...

When do I have to use it?

Then when CLS is installed and I also put these in, I have two different CLS icons ingame ... :/

Should be written something about it in OP IMHO.

Thanks for pointing out that the CLS compatibility stuff was still included in the distribution. I've put out a new update removing it from the distribution because CLS and ReCoupler now play nicely together without the custom CLS version I used to be packaging with ReCoupler. You should be fine removing the CLS Compatibility stuff and just installing the ReCoupler folder alongside the official CLS plugin (although CLS is not required for ReCoupler).

Hello,

i don't know why but the recoupler Mod isn't working. A few month ago i made a craft using Recoupler and it worked. It seems when i change the recoupled part in this older craft it stopps working also. Can you please tell why it isn't working anymore? I am using KSP Version 1.31.1891 and i tried Recoupler 1.0 and 1.3.

Thank you for your help.

Bye 

Ulf

60ImqSh.jpg?1

Edited by Dyna Soar

15 hours ago, Dyna Soar said:

i don't know why but the recoupler Mod isn't working. A few month ago i made a craft using Recoupler and it worked. It seems when i change the recoupled part in this older craft it stopps working also. Can you please tell why it isn't working anymore? I am using KSP Version 1.31.1891 and i tried Recoupler 1.0 and 1.3.

Is that using Infernal Robotics? ReCoupler won't create a joint if there's an Infernal Robotics hinge somewhere between the two of them. If not, I'm not sure what's going on here because it's hard to see the structure of your particular craft here. :/

Yes it's Infernal Robotics, but here i made a quick example:

eRDj0rq.jpg

This is is a rocket that i made a few month ago and recoupler worked just fine and now this is happening. I think there must be a node under the right decoupler:  

Q1Nr8MF.jpg

I use a Steam Version and copied just the whole KSP folder to another location on my harddisk to prevent automatic updating to 1.4.? because several mods won't work.

Thank you for your help.

On 3/30/2018 at 1:40 PM, Dyna Soar said:

Yes it's Infernal Robotics, but here i made a quick example:

This is is a rocket that i made a few month ago and recoupler worked just fine and now this is happening. I think there must be a node under the right decoupler:  

I use a Steam Version and copied just the whole KSP folder to another location on my harddisk to prevent automatic updating to 1.4.? because several mods won't work.

Thank you for your help.

Sorry for the slow reply. Which version of ReCoupler are you using? It looks like the attachment nodes there have been 'phantomly attached'. That's the technical term for the older version of Recoupler connecting them and then forgetting it had done so. You'll have to delete the parts that should have an attachment node but don't and replace them from the part selector. That should fix it, but if it doesn't, things are gonna get real interesting for me... :P 

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.