[1.2x] Bacon Labs Version 1.5, now with Ariane 6

_Augustus_

A really long time ago, back in 2015, I released a mod called Bacon Labs with some Ariane and Vega parts made by @TheShadow1138. The mod was taken down after I got a bit too ambitious and took content from other mods. The Orion, ICPS, and SLS boosters were ultimately integrated into @Shadowmage's excellent mod SSTU, while Chaka's SLS has since been updated. TheShadow1138 ultimately moved on and made his own SLS mod. But TheShadow1138 never released the Ariane and Vega, and he seems to have disappeared.

iXF27EZ.png

I was recently given permission by the moderators to bring back the Ariane and Vega parts, so here they are.

The Ariane 5, Ariane 6, and Vega rockets are included and have been updated and rebalanced. The Ariane 5 and 6 now use a proper hydrolox core and upper stage with more realistic thrust for the core. The upper stages have rather high thrust compared to the real versions, but this was necessary so that it could actually achieve orbit.

The upper stage fairings are no longer included. Use stock ones or Procedural Fairings.

Due to the fuel change in the Ariane rockets, the Community Resource Pack is now required. 

Download at Spacedock

License - CC-BY-NC-SA. All parts modelled and textured by TheShadow1138 for this mod, configs made by me.

Why the name?

When we first got KSP, my brother edited a config for an absurd NERVA engine. I forget the engine's name, but he listed the manufacturer as Bacon Labs. And the name stuck with me.

Edited by _Augustus_

1 minute ago, CobaltWolf said:

No pics no clicks

15 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

OK. I'm down. Downloading. Let's see what is in it...

I put in a pic of the Ariane 5. But note that the custom fairing base is no longer included.

5 minutes ago, rasta013 said:

I'm game also - will d/l and give this a run.  Thanks for the extraction work on the old mod!

off topic...nice scope setup, observational or do you do imaging also?

You're welcome. 

I dabble in planetary imaging; I've posted a bit in "the Astro-Imaging Thread". You can also find me on Cloudy Nights. But I mostly do visual (at least until my scope servicing business gets some customers).

3 minutes ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

where is the mod? it is not on the link...

Forgot to hit "publish", silly me.

Edited by _Augustus_

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.