[1.9.x] EvaFuel Continued. No more infinite EVA Fuel!

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Each ship can use different propellant for RCS?

yes. also it allow to have RCS with different fuel in one ship..

i'm think best solution - have different setting per kerbal (and allow configure it only for kerbals in KSC, not in flight) but how difficult to implement this?

4 minutes ago, GenryRar said:

yes. also it allow to have RCS with different fuel in one ship..

i'm think best solution - have different setting per kerbal (and allow configure it only for kerbals in KSC, not in flight) but how difficult to implement this?

That's actually not easy, I'm going to have to take a long look to see how to deal with this.  The mod was written to accommodate only a single type of EVA propellent in a game

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All, 

I'm almost ready to release EVAFuel for 1.3.  It fixed a few bugs, and also eliminates the infinite fuel bug.

Additionally, there is now a UI to select a desired resource to use for EVAs.

One question.  I'm planning on adding an option to add a small amount of the resource to each command POD.  So, should it default to the same amount of monoprop which is in the POD, or an amount based on the number of seats?

Speak now, I'll be coding this in the next day, I want to release this on Sunday

Edited by linuxgurugamer

should it default to the same amount of monoprop which is in the POD, or an amount based on the number of seats?

Number of seats kinda makes more sense - at least in my opinion anyways. When I adapt USI life support to my liking, I usually adjust the amount of rations by the numbers of Kerbals a part can hold. (Further adjusted by whether it is a command or living quarter part, but that may be irrelevant here.)

All, 

I'm almost ready to release EVAFuel for 1.3.  It fixed a few bugs, and also eliminates the infinite fuel bug.

Additionally, there is now a UI to select a desired resource to use for EVAs.

One question.  I'm planning on adding an option to add a small amount of the resource to each command POD.  So, should it default to the same amount of monoprop which is in the POD, or an amount based on the number of seats?

Speak now, I'll be coding this in the next day, I want to release this on Sunday

Excellent!

Based on the number of seats, I'd say.

Edited by klgraham1013

Hi!

Not sure if someone else have mentioned it already, but I have an idea for some future update.

An option to add the chosen EVA fuel type to non command crewed parts (like the Hitchhiker) in the options menu would complement the other option for command modules well.

Don't mean to lengthen any to-do lists, just brainstorming. Have a nice day!

Edited by LEGIONBOSS

7 hours ago, LEGIONBOSS said:

Hi!

Not sure if someone else have mentioned it already, but I have an idea for some future update.

An option to add the chosen EVA fuel type to non command crewed parts (like the Hitchhiker) in the options menu would complement the other option for command modules well.

Don't mean to lengthen any to-do lists, just brainstorming. Have a nice day!

You can do this via a MM script, no need to write code for it.

Hey Linux, for some reason my rescue mission Kerbals aren't being given 1 unit of fuel when I go to rescue them. I'm not getting any errors related to your mod in the debug logger, and the only mod I could think of that might cause an issue is the KSPRescuePodFix mod, but this is just sets a list of pods that can be used for rescue missions for heavily modded games.

I'm running the latest version of your mod on 1.3 on 64-bit Windows 10, if that's any help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2017 at 4:28 AM, LemonSkin said:

Hey Linux, for some reason my rescue mission Kerbals aren't being given 1 unit of fuel when I go to rescue them. I'm not getting any errors related to your mod in the debug logger, and the only mod I could think of that might cause an issue is the KSPRescuePodFix mod, but this is just sets a list of pods that can be used for rescue missions for heavily modded games.

I'm running the latest version of your mod on 1.3 on 64-bit Windows 10, if that's any help.

Hi, I am having the same issue with a similar setup.

I was also suspicious of the new eva fuel type settings.

Edit:

I went digging into the code, and found the part that handles rescue ships. The conditions for detecting a rescue ship are as follows:

contracts[currentContract].Title.Contains(crewList[currentCrew].name) && data.from.vessel.name.Contains(crewList[currentCrew].name.Split(null)[0])

This means that for a ship to be considered a rescue ship, it must contain a kerbal whose name appears in a contract's name, and for the ship's name to contain that kerbal's name. But the two conditions handle names differently. The first condition requires the kerbal's name to appear fully in the contract title, whereas the second condition requires only the first word of the name to appear in the ship's name.

Right now, I am trying to rescue "Maegan Kerman". The name of the contract is "Rescue Maegan from orbit of Kerbin.", the name of the ship is "Maegan's Pod". So my guess is that the mod expects the contract to contain the kerbal's surname, but it seems that something has changed with the naming of rescue contracts.

Luckily, the mod can be disabled immediately from the difficulty menu, so I can disable it temporarily while doing rescue contracts. :)

Edited by canisin

• 3 months later...

This mod is amazing, but I can't seem to get it to work. I can send logs when I get home, but essentially I set fuel to 0.5, and as they leave the craft the mod displays a warning about no fuel - for them to then have 4.5 units rather than 0.5. is this a known problem?

@linuxgurugamer
i tried to use a eva fuel canister(the extra EVA fuel tank from kis) to refile my kerbal eva fuel
it didnt work.

On 5.6.2017 at 12:06 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Disabled the "fill from pod" option

is that the reason?
or is ther a bug in kis or evafuel (or in my install)?

extra info
im using the default evafuel (monoprop)
but the ratio is 1 to 5 (default is 1 to 1)

logs

https://yadi.sk/d/DfUYkBey3NBTJv

https://yadi.sk/d/jpeFicBX3NBTLU

versions 
KSP 1.3
all mods up-to date according to ckan 
kis 1.7 
evafuel 1.5
thanks

Edited by danielboro

On 6/13/2017 at 9:28 PM, LemonSkin said:

Didnt see this, you need to ping me wurh @ in front of my full name, otherwise I don't get notified

On 6/27/2017 at 7:24 AM, canisin said:

Hi, I am having the same issue with a similar setup.

I was also suspicious of the new eva fuel type settings.

Edit:

I went digging into the code, and found the part that handles rescue ships. The conditions for detecting a rescue ship are as follows:

contracts[currentContract].Title.Contains(crewList[currentCrew].name) && data.from.vessel.name.Contains(crewList[currentCrew].name.Split(null)[0])

This means that for a ship to be considered a rescue ship, it must contain a kerbal whose name appears in a contract's name, and for the ship's name to contain that kerbal's name. But the two conditions handle names differently. The first condition requires the kerbal's name to appear fully in the contract title, whereas the second condition requires only the first word of the name to appear in the ship's name.

Right now, I am trying to rescue "Maegan Kerman". The name of the contract is "Rescue Maegan from orbit of Kerbin.", the name of the ship is "Maegan's Pod". So my guess is that the mod expects the contract to contain the kerbal's surname, but it seems that something has changed with the naming of rescue contracts.

Luckily, the mod can be disabled immediately from the difficulty menu, so I can disable it temporarily while doing rescue contracts. :)

looks like it.  I'll take a look, nice job digging.

2 hours ago, danielboro said:

@linuxgurugamer
i tried to use a eva fuel canister(the extra EVA fuel tank from kis) to refile my kerbal eva fuel
it didnt work.

is that the reason?
or is ther a bug in kis or evafuel (or in my install)?

extra info
im using the default evafuel (monoprop)
but the ratio is 1 to 5 (default is 1 to 1)

logs

https://yadi.sk/d/DfUYkBey3NBTJv

https://yadi.sk/d/jpeFicBX3NBTLU

versions 
KSP 1.3
all mods up-to date according to ckan 
kis 1.7 
evafuel 1.5
thanks

No idea, I'll put this on my big list

On 28/09/2017 at 2:30 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

No idea, I'll put this on my big list

From what I can see on Github, there's an hard depencie on KIS: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/EvaFuel/blob/master/EvaFuel-KISCompat/EvaFuel-KISCompat.csproj

<Reference Include="KIS">
<HintPath>R:\KSP_1.2.2_dev\GameData\KIS\Plugins\KIS.dll</HintPath>

I think Evafuel have to be recompiled with each new KIS versions (?).

24 minutes ago, dueb said:

From what I can see on Github, there's an hard depencie on KIS: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/EvaFuel/blob/master/EvaFuel-KISCompat/EvaFuel-KISCompat.csproj

<Reference Include="KIS">
<HintPath>R:\KSP_1.2.2_dev\GameData\KIS\Plugins\KIS.dll</HintPath>

I think Evafuel have to be recompiled with each new KIS versions (?).

Wrong.

The fact that KIS is referenced doesn't necessarily mean that it is a hard reference

You are looking at the KIS interface, not the main mod.  The main mod  does NOT require KIS

Also, I don't know why VS still has 1.2.2 in for the hint path, the mod was recompiled and updated for 1.3 a while ago

And, no, it does NOT need to be recompiled for new KIS versions, only if KIS changes it's API, which doesn't happen that often

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.